The Heroes face the next Calamity Wave at the remote village. Thanks to the help of the volunteers, the safety of the villagers was secured. However, there is no sign of the Wave dying down. Naofumi and his team find the other Heroes fighting the monster on a ghost ship with little success and no coordination among them.
After berating them, Naofumi takes matters into his own hands and succeeded in defeating the boss of the Wave? Or did he really win?
Tropes for this episode include:
- Good Armor, Evil Armor: The Rage Shield levels-up, encasing Naofumi's body in a black spiked-armor.
- Karmic Jackpot: The old lady that Naofumi cured of sickness turns out to be an Old Master of martial arts and former adventurer capable of killing monsters with her bare hands, having agreed to help fight off the waves after Naofumi saved her life.
- Living Shadow: Naofumi discovers that the soul eater was hiding in the shadows of the Captain and the kraken. He has Raphtalia cast a light spell to expose them and then attacks the shadows to spawn them.
- I Reject Your Reality: Motoyasu, Itsuki and Ren each have a different idea of how to spawn the boss and end the Wave. Itsuki thinks that they should attack the figurehead, Ren thinks it's the ship's captain and Motoyasu thinks they are the kraken heads attached to the hull. Each of them think that its the other's fault for not helping them attack what they think the source is. They were so convinced in-fact that they refused to change strategies after going at it for 3 straight hours.
- Iron Maiden: Naofumi manages to kill the soul-eater by summoning one using the Rage Shield.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: Naofumi calls the other heroes out for bickering and refusing to work together when lives are at stake.
- Super Zeroes: Motoyasu, Itsuki and Ren have been fighting at the source of the Wave for 3 hours and couldn't figure out which monster was the boss, endlessly fighting off the respawning monsters. Naofumi arrives and immediately figures out how to draw out the soul-eater and is the one to land the killing blow.
- True Final Boss: After Naofumi kills the soul-eater, a woman in a kimono and a pair of Combat Hand Fans named Glass appears and kills the second soul-eater to spawn with a single attack before declaring herself his enemy.