Naofumi coldly rejects Melty, after learning her royal lineage to Melromarc. Later, Naofumi and his gang are preparing for the next Wave. He conditionally accepts the cooperation from a few Juvenile Knights cooperation but was still given unreasonable hindrance by the monarch.
Will Naofumi and his party able to succeed the next coming Wave? Or will they wither away in the Calamity?
Tropes for this episode include:
- Ancient Grome: The mercenary country Zeltoble looks like this at a glance.
- Didn't Think This Through: King Aultcrey, spiteful as always, had the Shield Hero and his party banned from using the country's Dragon Hourglass to get class upgrades. Not only would this hinder all Four Heroes in their fight against the wave in the long run, but when Naofumi finds out that he could just leave the country and get their class upgrades there, he decides to do just that.
- Itsuki helped a team of rebels to overthrow the tyrannical government... and he left without helping establish a better alternative. Now the rebels had since taken over and started doing the exact same thing their previous lord tried doing and the peasants are worse off then ever.
- Karmic Jackpot: A small band of royal knights and adventurers volunteer to join Naofumi during the next wave because he defended their families in Lute Village attacked during the first wave.
- Kick the Dog: King Aultcrey has banned Naofumi and his party from receiving class upgrades. Given the satisfied look the nun gives him when she tells him how much it would have cost, the Church was probably in on it too.
- My God, What Have I Done?: Unlike with Itsuki, when Ren finds out that he made a bad situation worse by slaying that dragon without disposing of the body, Ren is visibly shaken.
- Never My Fault: When Naofumi chastises Itsuki for the damage he done in the village to the North, Itsuki accuses him of "trying to change the subject".
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero!: Naofumi and his party come across a town on the brink of collapse, the towns-people willing to give up the last of their possessions for food. It turns out that they were originally governed by an Evil Overlord who were taxing them into poverty and then using that money to hire mercenaries to keep them all in-line. Itsuki found out and helped lead a band of rebels to overthrow him... only for the rebels to take power and become even more tyrannical.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: When Ren and Itsuki complain about how Naofumi has been taking the credit for their heroic deeds, Naofumi in-turn points out the harsh realities of what their short-sighted heroics had caused, citing the dragon Ren slew and the lord Itsuki helped overthrow.
- Secret Test of Character: Naofumi would only allow Ake and his small band of knights to join him on the next wave if he can procure him a large enough sum of money. When they follow through, he declines the money and tells them to use it to buy better equipment for the next wave, just wanting to know if they were sincere.
- Sewer Gator: The capital's sewers is full of roaming monsters. Naofumi thinks that they were sent here when they became uncontrollable.
- Shout-Out: When Itsuki decides to take on a job request to overthrow a tyrannical lord, he smuggly proclaims that they need to be taught that "With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility", causing Naofumi to spit his drink. Apparently Naofumi's universe has Spider-Man in its pop-culture but not Itsuki's.