The three Heroes fight the mysterious new enemy and were easily defeated. Naofumi and his party take up the fight and begin to face the downhill battle. Even Filo and Raphtalia in their top game weren't able to make a scratch on the enemy. With no other option, Naofumi uses every trump card up his sleeve but was easily overwhelmed.
Is this the true battle of the Wave? Can Naofumi and his party survive it?
Tropes for this episode include:
- Berserk Button: Having seen how useless they were, Glass calls Ren, Itsuki and Motoyasu Naofumi's "servants". They all take it personally and try charging at her all at once.
- When Naofumi mocks and dismisses King Aultcrey when he threatens him, Aultcrey smugly threatens Raphtalia and Filo for his insolence. Naofumi then swears that he will chase him to the ends of the Earth and make him regrets the day he was born if he does anything to them.
- Chekhov's Gun: The Three Heroes Church rosary shown by the mysterious woman, a warning to Naofumi about people orchestrating his downfall.
- Cool Sword: The blacksmith gives Raphtalia a mana-sword as a gift, a hilt without a blade effective for fighting enemies with no physical body.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Not only was Glass able to width-stand Ren, Itsuki, Motoyasu and all of their party members attacking her at once without flinching, but she was able to completely mop the floor with them all at once with a single attack.Glass: As I was saying before - "mere servants."
- The Dreaded: The King's guard circle Naofumi after he boasts that he could kill him and walk out if he wanted. Since having the Shield Hero killed will only make the waves worse and Naofumi has been proven to be far more dangerous than the other heroes, all the King can do is curse him out as he walks out of the door, no one willing to effectively threaten him into telling them his "secrets".
- Gossip Evolution: It has become public knowledge that Naofumi picked a fight with the King when the reality is the opposite.
- Hold the Line: The only reason everyone survived their fight with Glass was because the Wave's time-limit ran out and she wasted her time trying to get them to attack her with everything they had.
- Kneel Before Frodo: When King Aultcrey demands Naofumi tells him how he gained the strength to defeat the soul-eater, Naofumi agrees if the King kneels and grovels first. While he is clearly infuriated, the King does nothing but curse him out.
- Luckily, My Shield Will Protect Me: The only thing that Glass did not completely decimate in a single hit was a Shield Prison used to protect Naofumi and his party, and even then it clearly took a lot of stamina to keep it up.
- Misblamed: In-Universe. Not knowing the full story and being more interested in the good of the country than personal grudges, Melty follows Naofumi so that she could talk him into apologizing to the King (even though the King is the one at fault).
- Noble Demon: While Glass intends on killing the Four Heroes and is clearly powerful enough to accomplish that task, she would rather they throw everything they got at her with a chance of beating her first.
- Passive-Aggressive Kombat: While Malty smugly backs up their father's bad decisions as his right as king, Melty politely tells her that what is between her, the Queen and the King is none of her business.
- Strong and Skilled: Glass was able to take every hit thrown at her, block the fastest attacks with no signs of fatigue, is immune to the Snake Shield's poison and curb-stomps everyone with a single attack, showing that all of her stats and skills are above everyone there.
- Ungrateful Bastard: While the King begrudgingly congratulates Naofumi for his actions during the Wave, he is more interested in wanting to know how he did it in-spite of doing everything in his power to keep the Shield Hero weak, demanding he confesses his "secrets" and then threatens his party for his insolence.
- The Worf Effect: All four heroes and their parties pull out every trick they have and Glass was able to No-Sell all of them, demonstrating just how far above their level she is. She was even able to shrug off a direct hit by the Rage Shield and the Iron Maiden technique.