Today is anniversary of Semyon and Olga's marriage... but Semyon doesn't remember. Olga is enraged, and cooperates with Bykov to force him to regret this. But Lobanov briefly seen them together, and now tries to find out what they hiding from him. Soon he starts to suspect what Olya cheats on him... with Bykov.
Varya wants to start new diet... but instead of just doing it by herself, she wants to do it together with Lyuba. But Levin accidentally offends Lyuba by calling her fat, which leads her to abandon this idea immediately, so Varya offers same idea to Gleb instead. Gleb reluctantly agrees, despite being perfectly okay with her as she is.
Levin tries to apology for what he previously tell Lyuba... only to make situation worse, by accidentally calling her old. He attempts to apology again, only to hear what Lyuba really things about him, driving him to tears, forcing Lyuba herself to apology to him. Meanwhile, Vary takes away fried chicken from her (fat and suffering from gastric ulcer) patient, only to get busted by Gleb right on exit. They agree what Gleb would get rid of this chicken by himself... but instead he proceeds to eating it, only for said fat patient to bust him and demand new chicken (otherwise he would inform Varya). Varya ultimately finds out anyway and confronts Gleb... only for him to seduce her into eating last chicken with him together. After this, Varya decided to abandon useless "diet" altogether.
Semyon finally "confirms" Olga and Bykov's affair, and decided to confront him about this. Bykov, tired of Lobanov's idiocy, tells him the truth. Fortunately, Lobanov managed to create makeshift "anniversary banquet", diffusing whole conflict with his wife.
This episode provides examples of:
- Berserk Button: If you want to live, never tell Lyuba what she is fat. Or old. Levin did both.
- Chekhov's Gun: What healthy food Varya brings with her at the beginning? She gives it to her fat patient in the end.
- Brutal Honesty: When Boris tried to apology to Lyuba for calling her fat and old, he tells her what while he accepts her as she is, this is still true and you don't supposed to being offended by truth. Lyuba agrees... and then tells everything she thinks of him (he is boring spineless weakling). This drives him to tears.
- They later discuss this; Lyuba suggests what this is not the best way to tell people about their flaws, and what you can deliver same message without harming them too much. They recreate everything they said to each other before, seemingly diffusing situation... only to Levin to ruin everything again.
- Crazy Jealous Guy: Lobanov acts like this again, this time towards Bykov. This time he has more serious reason for this... except all of this was attempt to remind him what he forget about his and Olya's marriage anniversary.
- Digging Yourself Deeper: Levin attempts to apology for calling Lyuba fat. But accidentally calls her old in process.
- Fat and Proud: Lyuba, when Levin offends her about her weight, not only instantly abandons her and Lyuba's diet, but starts rudely telling Varya what she is perfectly okay with her current weight.
- "Fawlty Towers" Plot: Gleb lied to Varya about throwing out fried chicken. This leads to him being busted by said chicken original owner (Varya's patient), who now demands another chicken for his silence. Gleb gets busted by Varya, and barely manages to avoid her learning the truth, but now he must buy another chicken, since that one was throwed into the trashcan, and patient wouldn't accept it. And then Varya learns anyway. After his apology fails, Gleb instead seduced Varya into eating last chicken with him, finally ending whole conflict.
- Forgotten Anniversary: Lobanov forget about his and Olga's marriage anniversary. Olga cooperates with Bykov to force Semyon to remember and apology.
- Gossipy Hens: Lobanov overhears Lyuba and Galya discussing Bykov possibly having new affair... with one of the patients. Just after he seen them together not long ago, hiding something from him. Now, Lobanov thinks what that "affair" Bykov has is with Semyons' wife, Olga.
- Mistaken for Cheating: Lobanov mistakes Olga for cheating on him... with Bykov, no less. Lobanov doesn't take it well.
- Mugging the Monster: Lobanov tried to physically threaten Bykov to leave Olya alone... only for Bykov to grab his hand in pain grip. Bykov then explains what Lobanov about his and Olga's marriage anniversary.
- Not What It Looks Like: Varya takes away greasy fried chicken from her patient (who already has gastric ulcer, and this is third time he must adhere to this hospital), but when she exits with this chicken, Gleb instantly see her and mistakes this for her attempting to eat it by herself (despite previously insisting on them taking new diet).
- Open Mouth, Insert Foot: Congratulations, Levin. You just tell Lyuba what she is fat. And old. Run, Levin, run.
- Out-of-Context Eavesdropping: When Lobanov decided to just spy on Olga and Bykov, their discussion, without context, sounds like confirmation what yes, Olga really does cheat on Semyon with Bykov.
- Sarcastic Confession: Gleb tells Varya what instead of doing as she ask and throwing fried chicken away, he would sit and eat it by himself. He proceed to do exactly that. Unfortunately, first owner of said chicken busted him during the act, and now demands new chicken for silence.
- When they finally speak with each other in the end, Semyon asks Olya if she really thinks he forget about their anniversary and just created whole banquet in five minutes. This is exactly like this happened.
- Weight Woe: Varya thinks she is fat, and now needs to drop some weight (despite already being tiniest girl in whole hospital). But she wouldn't do it alone, so she would try to persuade Lyuba to do it as well. Or, if it fails, Gleb. But Gleb not only disagrees with whole idea, he considers her to be already as she is, without any useless diets.
- In the end Gleb finally snaps Varya out of it by seducing her into eating fried chicken together.