Eleanor has repeatedly viewed the tape Mindy recorded of her and Chidi together confessing their love for each other, a secret she's kept from Chidi. Michael wants to kill Janet's newly-created "rebound boyfriend" Derek to prevent him from blowing their cover while Janet grows increasingly depressed and Chidi warns that this is unethical and their goal has to be helping Jason and Tahani, which Michael and Eleanor agree to. As Tahani and Jason decide to get married, Eleanor, Chidi, and Michael stop the wedding and cause Derek and Jason to get mad at each other. Eleanor realizes that Janet's feelings for Jason run deeper than she'd previously thought and advises that Janet sort through this by talking about her heartbreak. Janet reabsorbs Derek's essence and puts him in a casket to dispose of in her void. Tahani and Jason discuss their future and realize they've been rushing things. Eleanor shows Chidi the tape, and each is astounded that they loved the other and said it with so much certainty. Michael asks Eleanor's advice on being ethical, to which Eleanor replies that he's becoming human. Michael returns to his office to find Shawn waiting for him.
- Advice Backfire: Eleanor explains to Janet that giving her the idea for an On the Rebound wasn't actually good advice.
- British Stuffiness: Tahani describes croquet as mixing the two British elements of "whimsy and restraint".
- Broken Record: Derek gets stuck saying "Jason".
- Calvinball: After Tahani teaches him croquet, Jason comes up with his own version, which is just "hit the ball as hard as you can in any direction you want."
- Covert Pervert: Eleanor tells everyone else to look away when Janet reabsorbs Derek, but doesn't do so herself.
- Evil Cannot Comprehend Good:
- Michael just can't grasp the concept that murdering Derek is bad, even if it would make things easier.
- He also doesn't understand how Eleanor is able to remain ethical in spite of this being against her usual inclinations.
- Finishing Each Other's Sentences: Parodied.Janet: We're so in synch. We even finish each other's...
- Fourth Date Marriage: Tahani and Jason nearly tie the knot after having only dated for little over a month.
- Freudian Excuse: Of a sort - Jason lived in a pretty cruddy environment and attended a terrible school, which didn't help how he turned out.
- Good Feels Good: Eleanor admits that it's nice to be a decent person, especially since she no longer has to hear what little conscience she had nagging at her.
- I Always Wanted to Say That: Eleanor exclaims that she'd always wanted to dramatically interrupt a wedding after crashing Jason and Tahani's.
- Mundane Utility: In a blink-and-you'll-miss-it moment, Michael uses his finger-snap powers to turn off Tahani's television without using the remote.
- Odd Couple: Jason and Tahani.Tahani: Jason, I'd never guess we would be where we are today: me, a prominent British philanthropist with award-winning legs set to marry you, a swamp dweller who once asked me if the Presidents on Mount Rushmore have butts on the other side. We don't make any sense together, and yet, when I'm with you, I can really let my hair down, metaphorically speaking of course, because I'd never have it up in the first place. I'm not a factory worker.
- Sucky School: Jason went to Lynyrd Skynyrd High School, which was just two tugboats tied together in a junkyard. Lessons consisted largely of selling dirty magazines.
- Suspiciously Specific Denial: From Michael: "The best news is, none of this is suspicious!"
- Talking with Signs: Derek is stuck saying Jason's name over and over again, so he holds up a sign that reads "Help, I can't stop saying Jason".
- Wedding Deadline: Eleanor lampshades this while she, Chidi, and Michael interrupt Jason and Tahani's wedding, saying she's always wanted to stop a wedding in a dramatic fashion.
- Wham Shot: Shawn is in Michael's office at the end, apparently looking over the reports of the reboots.