Leonard and Penny head to Vegas to get married. Sheldon deals with Amy asking for space. The gang watches Leonard and Penny's wedding on line.
Tropes Appearing in this Episode
- Abhorrent Admirer: Stuart takes an interest in both Amy and Penny when he discovers their relationship troubles. It's creepy.
- Alone Among the Couples: Subverted. Usually Stuart plays this role, but when the gang gathers, only Howard and Bernadette are technically together.
- Missing the Good Stuff: Due to the commotion caused by Amy breaking up with Sheldon, no one is watching when Leonard and Penny give their I-dos.
- My Own Private "I Do": In a continuation of Season Eight's season-ending cliffhanger. Leonard writes his own vows for Penny, but she's got nothing prepared.
- Previously On : The episode opens with a recap of last season's finale.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: Amy delivers one to Sheldon after he's been bugging her about getting back together and finally saying her biological clock is ticking and she breaks up with him.
- Saying Sound Effects Out Loud: With both hands full taking a tray of hot beverages to Penny's, Sheldon resorts to sounding out his distinct door knock.Sheldon: Knock-knock-knock Penny. Knock-knock-knock Penny. Knock-knock-knock Penny.
- Status Quo Is God: After Leonard and Penny fight at their wedding, Leonard is still living with Sheldon, and Penny is sleeping at her own apartment, a point that was not previously resolved.
- Waxing Lyrical: With no prepared vows, Penny ends up reciting the lyrics to "You've Got a Friend In Me" from Toy Story. Leonard is moved nevertheless.
- Window Watcher: Sheldon while the others watch Leonard and Penny's wedding at Howard's.
- Word of Dante: In-universe, regarding The Bible:Mary: Don't send it back yet. Your sister's married, and I'm not letting your brother give my grandmother's ring to that whore he's dating.
Sheldon: Wasn't Mary Magdalene a woman of ill repute?
Mary: When your idiot brother redeems mankind, he can date whoever he wants.
- The joke relies on the popular beliefs that Mary Magdalene was a prostitute and had a sexual relationship with Jesus. Neither of these things are actually supported by the Bible.
- Your Cheating Heart: Also revealed last season Leonard kissed another woman while he was on the boat.