Last week, Howard and Raj received a call from an Air Force Colonel. The gang discusses the implications if their guidance system is taken over by the military. Bernadette doesn't want anyone at the office to know about her pregnancy.
- Bait-and-Switch Comment: When Leonard and Howard are concerned about their invention being used for military applications.Colonel Williams: Let me put your mind ease, gentlemen. What we're going to use it for is... none of your damn business!
- Bee Afraid: Raj isn't in on the meeting. There's a bee in his office.
- Berserk Button: Sheldon is exasperated by several things the Colonel says, but is clearly pushed over the edge by his referring to "the Death Star from Star Trek."
- Consummate Liar: Invoked. Amy is fascinated by how good Penny is at lying.
- Continuity Nod: Sheldon doesn't think engineers (or MIT grads) are real scientists.
- Distinction Without a Difference:Sheldon: I am not a know-it-all. I am a person who knows lots of things and likes to correct other people when they're wrong.
Leonard: That's the definition of being a know-it-all.
Sheldon: Or in German, a Besserwisser.
- Groin Attack: Discussed.Bernadette: I learned when you're four-foot-eleven and eye level with every guy's crotch, that's where you punch.
- Insufferable Genius: Discussed. When it's suggested they get a lawyer, Sheldon says they don't need one, because they have him.
- Literal-Minded: When told not to "sign anything," Sheldon asks if he were to make a painting, would he be forbidden to sign it?
- Loophole Abuse: When Sheldon is forbidden to speak in the meeting, he tries to find a way around it by using text-to-speech software.
- Pop-Cultural Osmosis Failure: Colonel Williams refers to " the Death Star from Star Trek."
- Recursive Reality: Discussed. Sheldon talks about Elon Musk's theory that our reality is really a game created by hyper-intelligent beings.Leonard: So some alien kid spent his money on the glasses and inhaler upgrade for me?
Sheldon: Well, he doesn't say its a good game.
- Rooting for the Empire: Sheldon is excited about becoming a "cog" in the military wheel.Sheldon: In Star Wars, when the Stormtroopers would march in perfect formation harassing civilians, didn't you ever think "Hey, that could be me"?
- Running Gag: The guys playing with the retinal scanner at their new lab.
- The Speechless: This is what Leonard and Howard want Sheldon to do during the meeting, because they claim when he talks, he enrages people. During the meeting, Sheldon does it well, until Colonel Williams says several things which Sheldon silently freaks out, until he finally explodes by claiming to have the project done in two months, before introducing himself and correcting the said things before thanking him in his service by saluting him. Leonard and Howard weren't fond of that afterwards.