It's the morning after Penny and Leonard's rehearsal dinner. Beverly arrives and announces she won't be attending the wedding after Alfred and Mary humiliated her. Leonard, Penny, and Sheldon convince her to go—not because Leonard wants her there, but to show up Alfred. Howard is griping about a $500 ticket he received at a traffic stop. The doorbell rings and Raj answers it—a uniformed military man is looking for Howard.Mary and Alfred arrive and field some awkward questions. Penny's equally embarrassing family arrive. Susan worries how they'll be perceived, but given the drama next door, she's probably okay.After a brief and really uncomfortable wedding ceremony, Sheldon delivers a nice speech. Leonard drives his bickering parents to the airport. Amy does likewise. We're reminded that Mary is the only one who can put Sheldon in his place.
- Call-Back / Running Gag : Sheldon's "Vulcan hearing." Leonard and Penny are having a discussion in a low voice, when Sheldon tells them he can't sleep if they're talking.
- We're also reminded of Raj's crush on Bernadette.
- And an inversion: Everyone got ordained for Bernadette and Howard's wedding, so Bernadette officiates at Leonard and Penny's.
- Casting Gag: Penny's mother is played by Katey Sagal, who played Kaley Cuoco's mom on 8 Simple Rules.
- Did They or Didn't They? : Alfred and Mary. They didn't.
- Not So Different : Penny sells drugs. Randall makes them. Despite going to jail, he doesn't seem all that bothered by his profession.
- Obfuscating Stupidity : Lampshaded by Sheldon.Are we still doing the dumb thing?
Susan: I don't want people to think we're white trash.Randall: What colour trash should we be?
- A more literal version in Penny's brother.
- Only One Name: Penny's family name is still not revealed.
- Stepford Smiler: Randall. No matter what happens, he never stops smiling. Then we find out why.Thank you for my new teeth.