Gumball and Darwin finally run out of things to say to each other.
- Back-Alley Doctor: Gumball and Darwin have to go to one to get their tongues back to normal after Mr. Small's treatment.
- Bat Deduction: Gumball is able to find Darwin by correctly following his rather random thought process.
- Continuity Nod:
- Hurricane of Puns: At class, Gumball and Darwin make several fish puns out of music artist names.
- End-of-Series Awareness: The plot is partially another attempt of telling the fandom that the show's Grand Finale is near and the characters are starting to feel its wear and tear.
- False Reassurance: Mr. Small reassures the boys that the other patients whose tongues were deformed by his acupuncture attempt managed to go back to their normal lives...once they accepted that as their new normal.
- Fictional Social Network: The website where Gumball and Darwin roleplay is called "Tweetr". The design is very similar to its real-life counterpart as well.
- Painting the Fourth Wall: Fitting with the title, this is the only episodes with a completely silent title card.
- Split Screen: During Gumball and Darwin's song, the two head to separate directions, and the screen splits in two halves as each follows one of the former friends.
- Tongue Trauma: Mr. Small's acupuncture treatment causes Gumball and Darwin's tongues to swell up until they stick out of their mouths. Small admits this happened to all his other patients, but they went on with their lives... after they accepted that this is how their lives are now.