The Wattersons play a fantasy role-playing board game to resolve their differences.
- Car Meets House: The Wattersons' station wagon has crashed through the wall as a result of the family fighting earlier.
- Continuity Nod: An instrumental of "Without You" is briefly heard.
- Fastball Special: Nicole's Barbarian tosses Gumball's Dwarf Warrior to help strike the final blow against the Witch.
- Genghis Gambit: In the Final Boss level, the family decides to turn against the Game Master to gain an advantage, which is what Richard was planning.
- Rail Roading: In a more benevolent example, Richard has the party saved from falling off the edge of the world by a portal spontaneously appearing under them that "conveniently" sends them to the end of the quest.
- RPG Episode: Richard makes the others play a role-playing game in order to get them to make up.
- Rule of Cool: Deliberately invoked by Richard when Darwin defeats a monster by breaking up with it via text message.
- Tranquil Fury: Everybody except Richard displays signs of this at the beginning of the episode.
- Writing Around Trademarks: It's all but stated the Wattersons are playing Dungeons & Dragons, with Richard specifying that they'll be "raiding dungeons and fighting dragons".