After the destruction of the Nightsisters clan, Asajj Ventress travels around the Galaxy, until she eventually arrives to Tatooine. After killing a Bounty Hunter, she agrees to fill in his place in the group he belonged to, in order to finish a job.
- Astonishingly Appropriate Appearance: "Kage" means "shadow" in Japanese. The Kage warriors have dark skin and they're ninja-like warriors.
- Big Creepy-Crawlies: The milodons used as mounts by the Kages.
- Beneath the Earth: Due to Quarzite's highly pressurized atmosphere, it's uninhabitable on the surface, so the Belugans and Kages dwell underground.
- Breather Episode: While action packed, with some genuinely dark themes touched upon, this episode is much Lighter and Softer than either the previous one, or the following two.
- Bureaucratically Arranged Marriage: Pluma Sodi was kidnapped from her family and people in order to be wed to Otua Blank, the dictator of the Belugans.
- Character Development: Ventress goes through quite a big one, which caused her to decide to let the Sodi siblings go.
- Civil War: Between the Belugans and the Kages.
- Cool vs. Awesome: Alien bounty hunters vs Ninjas!
- Damsel in Distress: Pluma Sodi, she was kidnapped to be Otua Blank's bride. That's distress alright.
- Drowning My Sorrows: Arriving on Tatooine, Ventress goes straight to a bar, where she orders a short drink, gulps in down at once, and immediately orders another.
- Fat Bastard: Otua Blank. He is a pudgy pervert and an unpopular ruler.
- Fire-Forged Friends: Ventress with the other Bounty Hunters.
- I Need a Freaking Drink: Ventress.
- Join or Die: A variation: Bossk and Latts Razzi basically tell Ventress if she doesn't take Oked's place on the job, they'll hand her over to the authorities for killing him. Needing the money, Ventress doesn't have any problem going along with it.
- Not So Different: Ventress, after hearing Pluma Sodi's story, comes to realise that the girl's predicament is very similar to hers.
- Oh, Crap!: The Kage warriors when Ventress pulls out her lightsabers and reduces their knives to scrap metal.
- Pet the Dog: Ventress decides to let Pluma and Krismo go once she realizes the reality of the situation.
- Space Elevator: Quarzite has one, as due to its high-pressure atmosphere, it's impossible to land on it with spacecraft. But then how did they build the elevator in the first place?
- Teeth-Clenched Teamwork: Zigzagged. While Ventress has nothing but contempt for Boba Fett on account of his youth, she works quite well with the other bounty hunters.
- Tempting Fate: This exchange:Krismo Sodi: I've come for what's mine.
Major Rigosso: Over my dead body... [Krismo impales him in the chest with a thrown dagger]
- Too Dumb to Live: Oked is a bounty hunter who tries to hit on Ventress and won't take the hint she's not interested. Ventress has to drive the point home with a lightsaber.
- Train Job: The Kage warriors try one in order to free Pluma from her captors.