Airdate: October 14, 2013
SpongeBob and Patrick watch a horror movie, and become convinced that the villain of the movie is after them.
"Don't Look Now" contains example of:
- An Aesop:
- What you see in a movie isnt real; dont take them too seriously.
- Dont believe everything you see.
- Face your fears.
- Disproportionate Retribution: Squidward is scaring Spongebob and Patrick to near death all because they were frightened by a horror movie.
- Laser-Guided Karma: After spending the majority of the episode scaring the bejesus out of Spongebob and Patrick, Squidward gets beat up and arrested in the end.
- Slasher Movie: SpongeBob and Patrick see one about a killer fisherman.
- Tear Off Your Face: When Patrick goes into SpongeBob's house and the fishing line gets caught in the door, he tries so hard to break free that his face comes off, revealing his skull underneath. He grows a new one by simply stretching the skin on his forehead over his skull.
SpongeBob attempts to make contact with the holy Sandwich Spirits in order to uncover a long lost sandwich recipe.
"Seance Schmeance" contains example of:
- Big Damn Heroes: Mr. Krabs.
- Nonindicative Name: The "Rusty on Rye" sandwich is a rye sandwich made of speckle slathered between two pieces of carved driftwood and dipped in shellac. The only reason it has "Rusty" in the title is because of its maker Rusty Rickets.
- Satiating Sandwich: The titular sandwich, the "Rusty on Rye".
- Soap Within a Show: Squidward watches one at the beginning.
- Wrong Restaurant: An old man keeps coming into the Krusty Krab and ordering a sandwich from the restaurant that used to be there but closed years ago, thus setting up the plot.