Originally aired January 29, 2002
Written by Michael Green & Mark Verheiden
Directed by D.J. Caruso
When Victoria is attacked by an invisible assailant, all of the clues point to a teenage girl who's obsessed with Lex. Lana turns to Clark for support after Whitney becomes distant. Lex butts heads with his father over the former's relationship with Victoria.
Tropes present in the episode:
- Afraid of Needles: Clark's excuse to Lana when asked by her why he doesn't sign up for the school's blood drive (the real reason being his skin is impenetrable).
- Apologetic Attacker: Subverted with Amy. While she intentionally spilled the drink on Victoria, she doesn't seem to hold it against Lex for sending her away later on. Her brother, on the other hand...
- Applied Phlebotinum: Jeff uses Kryptonite-mutated roses to make a paste that allows him to become invisible.
- Big Brother Instinct: Jeff, towards Amy. He defends her against a bully whom he later attacks in the boys' locker room while invisible, and later tries to kill Lex after the Palmers move out of the Luthor Mansion once Amy is discovered to have stolen Lex's prized watch.
- Bully Hunter: In the teaser, Jeff assaults a jock who tormented Amy.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: Amy, to Lex.
- Deadly Bath: Victoria is attacked during her bath by an invisible assailant who almost drowns her before Clark arrives and rescues her.
- Disappointed in You: Lionel's first words to Lex after bursting into the Luthor Mansion while Lex and Victoria are making out on the couch.Lionel: Lex... you have disappointed me.
- Exact Words: Martha says Clark can tell Lana he has "a problem with needles" to avoid a blood drive while not technically lying to her.
- Honey Trap: Lionel asserts to Lex that Victoria has been sent by her father to distract Lex so he can try and take over LuthorCorp.Lionel: Lex, can't you see she was sent to distract you? Sir Harry has been nipping away at LuthorCorp for months.Lex: LuthorCorp is your company. I'm just one of its many expendable employees, as you made abundantly clear when you exiled me to this cow town.Lionel: Empires are not brought down by outside forces; they are destroyed by weaknesses from within! Lex, I've told you this—Smallville is your test. Right now, you're failing.Lex: Thanks for the update, but I know what I'm doing.Lionel: No, you don't. She is playing the only card she's got and you are falling for it hook, line, and sinker!
- Hypocrisy Nod: Jonathan acknowledges that telling Clark to lie to Lana about why he can't donate to the school's blood drive goes against the Kents' values of honesty and truth.Clark: Great. Not only do I lie, but I look like a wuss.Jonathan: I can't even believe I'm actually gonna say this, but I guess you can't always be honest with people. It's one of the prices you pay for your abilities.
- Interrupted Intimacy: Lionel bursts into the mansion in the middle of Lex and Victoria's make-out session.
- Invisible Man: Kryptonite-mutated roses allows Jeff to turn invisible.
- I Want My Beloved to Be Happy: Clark decides he can't take advantage of Lana and Whitney's relationship woes after learning that Whitney is struggling with his father's poor health, so he encourages Lana to be there for Whitney.Clark: What I wanted to say was, I would never do anything to hurt you.Lana: I know that.Clark: But if I said what I really wanted to say right now, that's what I'd do. I'd hurt you.Lana: Why don't you take a shot? I'm pretty strong.Clark: I know, but I think Whitney needs to know that, too.Lana: I thought you didn't want to talk about Whitney.Clark: I don't. But if you were my girlfriend standing in Whitney's loft, I'd hope he'd say the same thing. I understand you're mad at him, but you need to talk to him. He needs you right now. He just doesn't know it.Lana: Clark, why are you doing this?Clark: Because after all this time, you and I are finally friends, and I don't wanna lose that.
- I Want You to Meet an Old Friend of Mine: Guest star Azura Skye (Amy) previously co-starred with Michael Rosenbaum (Lex) on the sitcom Zoe, Duncan, Jack, and Jane.
- Jail Bait: According to Lex, there is reason he does not consider dating Amy: potential legal problems.Jeff: I wanted everything back to the way it was for Amy, but you're not interested in love.Lex: That kind of love could get me arrested. She's a little young for me, Jeff.Jeff: You ruined her life!
- Moment Killer: Lionel drops in on Lex as the latter's in the middle of making out with Victoria.
- Never My Fault: Jeff blames Lex for sending Amy away when he was indirectly responsible for making Lex assume Amy is the culprit.Lex: What have I ever done to you?
Jeff: Not to me, to Amy. She loved you and you threw her out like she was nothing.
Lex: I thought she was attacking Victoria.
Jeff: That was me. I wanted to scare her, make her leave.
Jeff: You ruined her life! Our lives! I'm not gonna let you hurt her again!
- Red Herring: Amy isn't the one stalking Lex; her brother, Jeff, is.
- The Resenter:
- Amy hates Victoria for "stealing" Lex, but her mother reminds her that they only work for Lex and are not part of his world.
- Jeff, even more than Amy.Jeff: We tried to hide, fade into the woodwork. My parents learned to live with it, pretended it didn't matter, but Amy wanted more. And I'm through pretending!
- Scenery Censor: Clark's body covers Victoria's nudity when he lifts her unconscious body from the bathtub.
- Toplessness from the Back: Victoria after she drops her robe to take a bath.
- Tragic Keepsake: Lex's watch, which his mother gave to him when he was a child before she died.
- Villain of the Week: Jeff Palmer, Invisible Boy.