Marinette finds herself torn between her babysitting duty and a chance to get closer to Adrien, while Hawk Moth targets Aurore Beauréal, final round loser of KIDZ+ television contest to find a new weather girl, turning her into the deadly Stormy Weather.
- Acting Unnatural: Marinette's attempt at walking next to Adrien as if they "just happened to be passing by" is anything but casual.
- All Girls Like Ponies: Alya's way of dealing with Manon involves claiming to be secretly an unicorn. It's implied she used this tactic often when dealing with little girls, like her sisters.
- Blatant Lies: Plagg informs Adrien that he can't help him right now because he's sleeping. And immediately afterward claims to be able to smell cheese while asleep.
- Bratty Half-Pint: Manon, though Alya fortunately knows how to take care of her.
- By "No", I Mean "Yes":Alya: Let me guess, another "you couldn't say no" favor?
Marinette: No, I just couldn't... say... no...
- Curb-Stomp Battle: In the final round of the contest, Mireille gets 82% of the votes, while Aurore gets 18%.
- Do Not Adjust Your Set: Stormy Weather briefly takes over a recording studio to make her "weather announcement".
- Early Installment Weirdness:
- The only episode without an endcard.
- In the French dub at least, some of the Stock Footage scenes (like Chat Noir's Cataclysm and Ladybug catching the akuma) have a different associated dub than in the other episodes.
- Some of the characterization is off from later episodes since it was the pilot. Adrien has to trick Plagg into helping him and as Chat Noir is significantly more bumbling without Ladybug to help him that he is in later episodes. In addition Alya not only is unusually casual around Ladybug compared to her usual fangirl self, but when Marinette runs off and Ladybug returns she not only doesn't seem surprised unlike Manon but gives Ladybug a thumbs up when Manon buys her story about Marinette running to get Ladybug's help, implying she knows it's Marinette and keeps her secret. It's quickly established in the next few episodes that she chases Ladybug obsessively to get the scoop on her and find her identity and has no clue it's actually her friend.
- Face Palm: Marinette at the end, when Manon is chosen instead of her to make a photo shoot with Adrien.
- Kryptonite Factor: Chat Noir can see in the dark (thanks to his night vision), but Ladybug cannot.
- Large Ham: Adrien's photographer is very enthusiastic about his work.
- The Nicknamer: Chat Noir has fun calling Stormy Weather names like Ice Queen or Coldilocks. In the french dub, he also calls her Lady GlaGla.
- Second Place Is for Losers: What's the big deal? She only lost by half a million votes!
- "Shaggy Dog" Story: Alya trying to get Marinette to be Adrien's photography partner. Just as Marinette drums up the confidence to ask, the photographer asks to use Manon instead.
- Slippery Skid: Justified, since Stormy Weather doesn't stop on freezing pavement but also starts wind capable of lifting cars.
- Sore Loser: Aurore storms off and only starts ranting in an elevator when she's alone, making her a rather downplayed example, at least compared to Stormy Weather.
- Sure, Let's Go with That: Manon figures out Marinette's secret: she's friends with Ladybug. Marinette responds with a smile and hug (and a sigh of relief) rather then confirming or denying it.
- Weather Manipulation: Today's villain's specialty.
- Would Hurt a Child: Stormy Weather's ice traps Alya and Manon in a carousel, and causes dangerous spikes to grow inside. Impaled with Extreme Prejudice nearly ensues.