Milo surprises his parents by inviting the extended Murphy family to town for Christmas, multiplying the effects of Murphys Law.
- Continuity Nod: Dakota (alone in the Bad Future and with Cavendish in the good one) becomes famous with his going to the zoo song and variants of it.
- Contrived Coincidence: The only time the two plots come close to intersecting is when Dakota and Cavendish decide to eat eggrolls at the same restaurant and day the Murphys are celebrating Christmas.
- Gonna Need More X: One of Dakota's plans to prevent himself and Cavendish from arguing consists on having a dinosaur crash the party. Once it fails, he decides he needs a bigger dinosaur. He does try it later and figures out the dinosaur's size wasn't the issue.
- In Spite of a Nail: No matter what changes their future selves make, Dakota and Cavendish will end their friendship over a Christmas party's last eggroll until they learn their future selves went back in time to prevent it from happening. Even in the future where their friendship survives, Dakota still becomes a celebrity. The only difference is that Cavendish is also famous in the new timeline.
- Lonely at the Top: In the timeline where he and Cavendish are no longer friends, Dakota eventually becomes a celebrity but feels lonely without Cavendish. He's still just as famous in the new timeline but not as lonely since he has Cavendish at his side.
- Road Sign Reversal: Future!Cavendish reverses a sign so he and Dakota won't find and argue over the party's last eggroll. Unfortunately, Future!Dakota has the same idea.
- Set Right What Once Went Wrong: The B plot features Dakota's and Cavendish's future selves trying to prevent the argument that ended their friendship. Even if their future selves reconciled, their years were still wasted over a broken friendship.
- Strange Minds Think Alike: Both Dakota and Cavendish decide to go back in time to save their friendship without either of them knowing the other is trying the same. Both try the same first plan.
- Throw the Dog a Bone: Cavendish and Dakota may be nobodies in the Bureau of Time Travel, but this episode makes it clear that after so long, they will finally catch a break and get the respect they deserve as pop stars.
- Two Lines, No Waiting: There's a B plot featuring Dakota and Cavendish's broken friendship and their efforts to prevent it from being broken in the first place.
- Under the Mistletoe: Subverted: A mistletoe drone flies over Brick and Savannah at the Christmas party. They immediately vaporize it.
- You Can't Fight Fate: It looks like Dakota and Cavendish are destined to end their friendship no matter what their future selves do to try and stop it, before their future selves have enough and just tell them directly, which ultimately does allow them to stay friends in the future.