Charlie and Dee start an anti-smoking rally after seeing Dennis smoke in the bar in protest over new laws banning smoking in bars and restaurants. Meanwhile, Mac, Dennis, and Frank turn Paddy's Pub into an "anything goes" bar, which turns into a disaster when drug addicts, Vietnamese gamblers, and the incestuous McPoyle brothers begin frequenting.
This episode provides examples of the following tropes:
- Absurdly High-Stakes Game: At one point Frank asks for a sharp knife as he claims that his gambling buddies are going to start betting fingers.
- Continuity Nod:
- Den of Iniquity: What Paddy's eventually becomes after the guys declare it a freedom zone, complete with shady gambling, incest and people openly shooting up with heroin.
- Eagleland: Charlie is practically the embodiment of Type 2, though he thinks he's Type 1.
- Foreshadowing: Both Mac and Charlie predict that the McPoyles are going to end up stabbing the latter before Liam does just that.
- Global Ignorance: The Gang seems to be under the assumption that New Orleans was completely destroyed in Hurricane Katrina. Mac also seems to have no idea who Stalin is.
- Good Girl Gone Bad: Discussed when Dennis tells Mac that they don't want wild girls for the bar; they want real girls to go wild.
- Offscreen Teleportation: The McPoyle twins manage to pull this off twice, suddenly appearing first behind Mac and Dennis and later behind Charlie. Earlier, an elderly Vietnamese man does the same to Mac and Dennis.
- Only in It for the Money: The anti-smoking protester who Dee and Charlie watch admits that he's just an actor with no personal investment in the cause, and openly smokes when he's off the clock.
- Performance Anxiety: Dee warns Charlie that he might end up suffering from this as they prepare for their street performance.
- Russian Roulette: The episode ends with Mac and Dennis going to kick Frank's gambling friends out of the basement, only to find them playing Russian roulette down there. The camera focuses on their shocked faces as a gunshot is heard, before Dennis resignedly goes to phone the police.
- Second Face Smoke: Dennis blows his smoke in Charlie's face when Charlie is ranting about the janitorial work at the start of the episode.
- Sexy Coat Flashing: A Hot Librarian type does this to Mac and Dennis in order to get Mardi Gras beads from them.
- Squick: In-universe, this is Mac and Dennis's reaction on seeing Ryan McPoyle openly making out with his sister Margaret.
- Too Dumb to Live: Charlie starts ranting at the McPoyles to go ahead and stab him already. Seconds later, Liam stabs him with a fork.
- Villainous Incest: In Mac's words, the McPoyle siblings all "bang" each other.
- Vomit Indiscretion Shot: Charlie vomits in front of the crowd while suffering from performance anxiety as he and Dee attempt to be street performers.