Liv, Major, and Clive crash a Max Rager party to find and save Drake and the other unfrozen zombies. Bosss henchmen kidnap Peyton, and it is up to Blaine and Ravi (mostly Blaine) to rescue her.
Things get out of hand at the party when some employees take tainted Utopium and Super Max (Live to the Max! Super Maaax!), turn into raging zombies, and start killing everyone, including singer Rob Thomas. Major, Liv and Clive are trapped in a parking lot and surrounded by hungry zombies but are saved by Vivian Stoll, head of private army corporation Fillmore Graves and Max Ragers new owner.
After making their way to the secret basement, zombie Rita gives them access to the holding cells. A distraught Liv has to kill a completely turned Drake, but she and Clive get the other zombies to (relative) safety. Vaughn du Clark, in full cackling villain mode, tries to kill Rita and Major with poison gas, but gets shot in the hand, and when he tries to escape, Rita and a couple of Romeros eat him. Major shoots an enraged Rita in the head when she attacks Liv. Clive calls for police reinforcements, but more Fillmore Graves mercenaries show up and want to take away any survivors.
With Clive and Major protecting the kidnapped zombies, Liv goes downstairs to talk to Vivian. Huh, turns out Vivian and at least some of the mercenaries are zombies, and are happily eating Rob Thomas brain. Vivian tells a very confused Liv that there is a new world order and that in the near future Seattle is going to be the new zombie homeland, so, is she with them or against them?
- Badass Normal: Clive taking out a group of zombies with headshots without taking a single scratch.
- Boom, Headshot!:
- Liv is forced to kill Drake this way to save Clive after the former has gone full-on zombie.
- Later, Rita is killed the same way by Major.
- Borrowed Biometric Bypass: Major chops off a dead Max Rager employee's hand to get past the secret lab's handprint scanner.
- Briar Patching: Don E begs Mr. Boss's men to give him a merciful headshot and then goads them into giving him a painful gutshot instead.
- Creator Cameo: A rather odd aversion happens in this episode. When the actors are listed in the opening credits, they include the name "Rob Thomas", so one might expect to co-creator and co-showrunner of the series to appear in the episode... but no, it turns out to be the other Rob Thomas, the frontman of Matchbox Twenty. Jokes are made at the expense of both of them, culminating in Thomas getting killed by zombies and the mercenaries who ate his brain singing "Unwell".
- Cutting the Knot: And cutting du Clarke's Evil Gloating short. Major, trapped in a room filling up with anti-zombie gas, shoots through the big glass windows, conveniently shooting du Clarke in the hand (for funsies) and making it possible to smash his way out with a fire ax.
- Despair Event Horizon: Major, Liv and Clive are trapped in a room in the Max Rager headquarters, with no bullets left and an army of zombies beating the doors down.
- Greater-Scope Villain: Fillmore Graves to Max Rager.
- Heroic BSoD: For Liv, after killing Drake to save Clive. He snaps her out of it by telling her to let the mercenary brain take over and follow her military training.
- HeelFace Turn: Blaine seems to cement this when he saves Payton. Ravi is still not at all comfortable with this.
- Hulking Out: Multiple characters, especially the new zombie army created from Super Max.
- It's All About Me: Vaughn truly outdoes himself when he threatens to let the zombies kill Rita and Major.Rita: Did you ever care about me?Vaughn: Do you hear yourself? (Going berserk) DO YOU HEAR YOURSELF!?! Making this moment about you! Cause I'm the one who stands to lose a billion dollars tonight! 100 employees dead! One dead Rob Thomas! You think Twitter is going to be kind tonight?!
- Karmic Death:
- Vaughn goes out this way, trapped by Major in a lift and killed by his daughter Rita - who he left behind to become a zombie.
- And later Rita, killed by Major after going full on zombie after eating her father's brains. Not quite as karmic as Vaughn, but considering everything she put Liv and Major through, still satisfying.
- Killed Off for Real: Drake and Rita are killed by headshots (as is Chief, in the B plot), and Vaughn gets his brain eaten, so the zombie virus shouldn't be able to bring them back.
- Leaning on the Fourth Wall: Vaughn introducing "the one, the only, Rob Thomas!" in an episode of a show created by a different Rob Thomas.
- My Friends... and Zoidberg: Major does this to himself after the head of Fillmore Graves cavalries her way into their room.Vivian: Vivian Stoll, Fillmore-Graves Enterprises.
Clive: Clive Babineaux, Seattle PD. This is Liv Moore, from the Medical Examiner's office.
Vivian: You're going to be a busy girl.
Major: Major Lilywhite. Personal trainer.
- One-Man Army: Blaine and Ravi go to save Payton from Mr. Boss' Mooks. It winds up with Blaine just putting on night vision goggles and shooting every one of them dead by himself.
- Pretty Little Headshots: When Liv shoots Drake, instead of spattering Clive with blood and brain and bits of bone, she just makes a little red hole in his forehead.
- Private Military Contractors: Liv and Major on Janko's brains. Also the Fillmore Graves visitors, who as it turns out are a zombie-run organisation planning to take over Seattle.
- The Reveal: Filmore Graves are actually zombies.
- Special Guest: Rob Thomas the musician appears as himself, plays some of his music at the Max Rager party, and ultimately ends up becoming zombie food.
- Today, X. Tomorrow, the World!: Fillmore Graves' plan for the new zombie capital of Seattle.
- Wham Shot: Liv finding Vivian feasting on the brain of Rob Thomas, revealing she's been a zombie all along.