In the aftermath of the Max Rager party, Liv, Clive, and Major need to figure out what Vivian is up to. Meanwhile, Peyton tries to sort out her feelings for Blaine, and Ravi's old boss makes an appearance.
- Bulungi: The event that led to Fillmore-Graves' zombification was the result of an operation they were running in Equatorial Kundu. Apparently iZombie is importing their fictional countries from The West Wing now.
- Drowning My Sorrows: Liv goes on a Clive-supervised bender to cope with having had to shoot her boyfriend in the head.
- Emergency Transformation: According to Vivian, this is how all of Fillmore-Graves' employees became zombified: they were exposed to a nasty biological weapon at a company retreat, and it was the only way to save their lives.
- Fiery Coverup: Fillmore-Graves blows up the Max Rager building to get rid of all the forensic evidence of the zombie outbreak.
- Run for the Border: As a result of Blaine's shoot-out in the season 2 finale, Mr. Boss ran off to Montenegro (which has no extradition treaty with the United States), leaving tons of incriminating evidence behind.
- Shout-Out: Ravi calls Peyton "precious"; Liv asks if he's planning to drop her in Mount Doom.
- The Unmasqued World: It hasn't happened yet, but Vivian says she's planning for "D-Day", where the D stands for "discovery."
- Van Helsing Hate Crimes: The family murdered at the end of the episode appears to have been killed because they were zombies.