Glomgold hatches a scheme to use metal-eating mites to wipe out Scrooge's fortunes.
This episode contains examples of the following tropes.
- Brought Down to Badass: Fenton loses the Gizmosuit to the metal mites but is still able to save the day with clever use of his counting ability.
- Crazy-Prepared: Apparently, the Gizmosuit has microscopic handcuffs. Unfortunately, when Gizmoduck tries to put them on the metal mites, they end up eating them and his glove.
- Darker and Edgier: The mites were played very seriously, despite the fact that they were tiny insects. After all, they were designed to eat metal! So they caused plenty of damage all over the city, and they even devoured Fenton's otherwise indestructible Gizmoduck suit.
- Didn't Think This Through:
- Fenton immediately realizes he made a big mistake when he sucks the metal mites into his Gizmo suit.
- From the frustrated groan he makes when Dijon tells him that Scrooge was making millions using the metal mites as a wrecking company, Glomgold obviously realizes that's something he could've done with them.
- Fantastic Aesop: Lose your Super Powers? That doesn't mean you're worthless or even a non-badass, you can still save the day!
- From Bad to Worse: The mites are devouring every scrap of metal in the city, then they eat the Gizmosuit...
- Grey Goo: The metal mites sweep across DuckBurg devouring anything metal including the Gizmosuit!
- Hope Spot: The nephews and Webby manage to successfully dig a hole around the money bin and fill it with water to keep the mites from crossing, only for Dijon to stumble and fall across the gap, making his unconscious body the perfect bridge for the mites to cross and continue their trek to the bin.
- Idiot Ball: Trying to stop the metal mites by sucking them inside your metal Power Armor? Oh, Fenton...
- Laser-Guided Karma: Glomgold tries to use his newly invented metal mites to eat Scrooge's fortune. By the end of the episode, it's not his rival's money that's in danger from the mites.
- Misapplied Phlebotinum: After capturing the metal mites, Fenton and Scrooge figure out how to use them in a very profitable manner as a wrecking crew, something that Glomgold could've done had he not gone the petty route and tried to destroy Scrooge's fortune with them.
- Running Gag: Dijon can never get Glomgold's name right.
- The Swarm: The mites.
- Wham Episode: The Gizmosuit is completely destroyed in this episode. Granted, Fenton says he'll get Gyro to build a new one, but still...
- Zerg Rush