Fenton uncovers an international conspiracy to steal Scrooge's gold overseas while supposedly on vacation.
This episode contains examples of the following tropes.
- Absentee Actor: Huey, Dewey and Louie don't appear in this episode.
- An Aesop: Tell the truth. Being drawn into a tangle of lies is far more trouble than it's worth.
- A Day in the Limelight: Fentons mom gets to play hero as Gizmoduck and rescues everyone.
- Gilligan Cut: Fenton tells his girlfriend Gandra that he'll be able to take a day off of work to go on a date with her. He says, "My boss never says no to me," but then it violently cuts to Scrooge saying "No!" to Fenton.
- Laser-Guided Karma: Fenton ditches his job(s) for a week to go on vacation with his girlfriend by tricking Scrooge into thinking he's sick in bed. Guess what happens by the end of the episode?
- Pet the Dog: Many fans see Gandra as rude and insensitive to her boyfriend, but she actually takes care of Fenton while he is sick.
- Shout-Out: The title is obviously a reference to The Man Who Knew Too Much.