When dirty water makes the Elves in Dreamland sick, Elfo, Bean, and a bounty hunter run to the ogre territory to find berries that might cure them. Luci stays behind in order to scam the rich Elves out of their money.
It's Wash Day in Dreamland, and everyone is washing their one set of clothing, much to Elfo's chagrin, who dislikes being naked. Everyone starts dropping the dirty water into the street, and all of it flows into the Elf quarter. The elves think it is a gift and begin to play and drink with the water - only to get ill soon enough.
A quarantine is immediately established for the elves, one Bean, Elfo and Luci immediately ignore to see what's going on. During a council meeting, one elf states the only cure may be the Legendberry, and Pops mentions he saw a Legendberry tree once when he visited the Ogres. A wandering adventurer, "Handsome" Wade Brody Jr., offers his services in retrieving the berries for ten thousand gold pieces, which shows to Luci how rich the Elves are thanks to their candy business.
When Pops becomes ill, he tells Elfo that his mother is dead, and Elfo decides to join the expedition along with Bean, while Luci chooses to stay behind to "help" the sick elves.
During the river travel to the Ogre homeland, Wade regales Elfo and Bean with stories of his adventures, but that night, with both humans asleep, Elfo sneaks into Wade's cabin and finds a children's book that has the same stories Wade has been telling them: as it turns out, Wade is an used boat salesman who thought it would be an easy adventure. The boat is attacked by living vines that trap Bean, but Elfo manages to liberate her while Wade runs away, and the two go into the rapids.
Meanwhile, Luci tricks the sick Elves to come into his hospital by making them sign their wills to him, and giving them pills that he has them wash down with more dirty water.
The next day, Bean and Elfo manage to reach the Ogre's main city. Bean tries to use fire to scare the Ogres away (unaware that Wade was a fraud and his stories total bunk), and the Ogres easily capture her - and she sees Wade's head stuck on the top of a spear. Elfo sneaks during the night, making good use of his small size, and ends up finding the Legendberry tree, but he is then captured. After a brief scuffle with the ogre he accidentally stabbed in the eye on his first day out of Elfwood, the Ogre King and Queen decide to have him and Bean prepared for lunch for the next day.
When he is brought to the dungeons, though, Elfo manages to escape, and tricks the Ogres into killing each other by jumping around between them, letting Bean escape. The two go to the tree, where they find the Ogre Queen - but, much to their surprise, the Queen allows them to take as many Legendberries as they need before leading them to a secret escape route. As she closes the door, the Queen hears Bean call Elfo, and she seems to be shocked.
Bean and Elfo arrive just as Pops seemingly dies, even after he gets Legendberry juice down his throat. While Bean and Luci heal everyone, Elfo mentions a few unkind things he dislikes about his father before pointing out he was the best father he could ever have - only for Pops to revive and mention he's glad he stole Elfo's college fund.
- Continuity Nod:
- Wade is the son of the Party Barge skipper from season 1.
- One of the ogres is the same one Elfo accidentally stabbed in the eyenote in the first episode of the series. He still has daggers in both eyes.
- Blood-Splattered Warrior: Elfo ends up splattered with Ogre blood after defeating a whole group of them (see page image).
- A Day in the Limelight: This is pretty much Elfo's episode and his chance to showcase that he can indeed be a badass.
- Deadly Dodging: Elfo takes out a whole group of Ogres by getting them to kill or incapacitate each other while trying to hit him.
- Fanservice: Pretty blatant in this episode full of naked people, as Bean drapes herself across a battlement wearing nothing but her boots, talking about how they should all be taking a moment to revel in their bodies...
- Find the Cure!: The whole plot of the episode involves the protagonists finding a cure for the sick Elves.
- Foreshadowing: The Ogre Queen appears to recognize Elfo, and given that Pops claims to have been around Ogres before, Elfo's parentage may be involved.
- Grimy Water: The Elves confused tainted laundry water for regular water that the human generously gifted them.
- Hand-or-Object Underwear: Elfo, being quite embarrassed to be naked on wash day, frantically covers his privates with his hands, and complains how he can't cover his butt at the same time.
- Kill It with Fire: Subverted; Wade tells Elfo and Bean that Ogres are afraid of fire, but it turns out he got that "knowledge" from a story book. When Bean follows up on his advice and attacks the Ogre village with a torch, she finds out the information was false.
- MacGuffin: The Legendberry is the only known cure for the disease ravaging the Elf district of Dreamland.
- Man-Eating Plant: On their way to Ogre homeland, the boat that Elfo, Wade and Bean are in comes under attack from one of these. It is then that Wade reveals his true colors and flees, but Elfo manages to save both himself and Bean from the plant.
- Miles Gloriosus: Wade claims to be a big adventurer, but it turns out he's just a used boat salesman.
- Naked People Are Funny: The episode opens on Wash Day, where all people in Dreamland wash their only garment, and thus have to go naked for the day.
- Off with His Head!: Wade is decapitated by the ogres off screen. The Ogre Queen later gives his head to Bean so she can bring it back to Dreamland.
- Red Sock Ruins the Laundry: the executioner accidently turns his hood pink since he washed all clothes of his family simultaneously, regardless of color. Quite impressive, considering his hood is normally black.
- Scenery Censor: All over the place during the Wash Day scene at the start of the episode.
- Token Heroic Orc: The Ogre Queen is not as blood thirsty as the other Ogres, and secretly allows Bean and Elfo to escape with the Legendberries. She also apologizes for killing and eating Wade.
- Ungrateful Bastard: Pops' reaction to Elfo saving him? Tell him he's glad to have stolen his college fund because Elfo said his stories were long and boring.