The Belcher's hunt for lost birthday girl Linda, while she goes through the wringer trying to get back herself.
- Base-Breaking Character: Turns out Linda is an In-Universe example around town. Some people (like the hotel and pet store) love her. Other places (Like the guy at the bakery where she excessively samples and the uppity cashier at the supermarket) can't stand her.
- A Birthday, Not a Break: Absolutely nothing goes right on Linda's birthday. She still considers it her best birthday ever because she got through all the crap life threw at her and "kicked this birthday's ass".
- Chekhov's Gunman: Deidre, the lady who held Linda up at the grocery store by buying juice and drinking cups for the street art festival, turns out to be one of Linda's final obstacles getting home.
- Comically Missing the Point:
- When Bob realizes Gayle is of no help in finding Linda due to her panicking, he lies that Linda just walked into the room before hanging up. Tina questions him on why would he say Linda was back when she clearly isn't. Bob tries to explain but gives up, though Tina finally realizes he was lying.
- Needing a ride, Linda asks a bus driver named Andrew if he's going to the wharf, which she points at. When he says yes and lets her in without paying a fare, he goes on the freeway headed to a different wharf. Linda explains she was referring to Wonder Wharf, which she was pointing at. Andrew admits he thought she's bad at pointing. Later, when getting off, she points to the bus stop on the other side, with Andrew questioning why he's pointing at him before she manages to explain it to him.
- Cuteness Proximity: Louise's secret hang-out with Linda is visiting a pet store of all things. It takes all of five seconds for Louise to start fawning over a puppy.
- Felony Misdemeanor: Deidre goes absolutely berserk when Linda scuffs her chalk art.
- Humiliation Conga: Poor Linda. She has to take a detour because of a street art festival, she gets held up at the grocery store, she locks her keys and purse in the car, she rips her pants and spends the rest of the day wearing a diaper made from an old grocery bag, she tries to hitch a ride on a bus that's going the wrong way, she cuts across a field only to break her glasses and get sprayed by not one but two skunks, she has to ride back to town in a horse trailer, she gets chased through the chalk festival by the same lady who held her up, and she has to break into her own home when she gets back before Bob and the kids.
- Incredibly Lame Fun: Tina's secret hang-out with Linda is just going to the bathrooms at a fancy hotel. Even she realizes it's unimpressive next to what Gene and Louise do with her.
- Polly Wants a Microphone: One of the pet store parrots has picked up Linda's signature "All right!".
- Punctuated! For! Emphasis!: Quoth Bob, as he angrily throws a baker's samples of pumpernickel on the ground for making fun of Linda:Bob: Guess what?! No one... talks about... my wife's... giant hands... on her birthday!
Gene: (picking up the samples and eating them) Except... for Teddy, because... he also... complimented... her wrists!
- Smelly Skunk: Linda gets sprayed by a skunk while lost in a field, twice.