This, being one of the Darker and Edgier incarnations of Kamen Rider, has a fair amount of Nightmare Fuel.
open/close all folders
- Orphenoch victims. After being savagely attacked by a monster, they will stand up apparently just fine, act either a little confused or perfectly normal as if nothing happened for a few seconds, and then slowly crumble to dust, which they may or may not notice happening.
Episode 1: The Start Of A Trip
- The seriesbegins with some kind of laboratory experiment... and then some kind of monster from outside the building forces its way through security, killing without discrimination, and the (apparently thick and heavy) door to where the scientists are doesn't hold up very long. We don't really get to see the monster itself, either, which only makes it worse.
Episode 4: My Name
- Yuka is harassed by some incredibly cruel girls. Normally, this wouldn't be enough for Nightmare Fuel... except that most of it is just offscreen, and the circumstances make it sound and feel as if she's being raped.
- Then there's Yuka's retaliation once she discovers her monster form. Also offscreen, but filled with the screams of those very same women as the swan molts everywhere.
Episode 5: Original
- After Faiz defeats him near the end of the episode, Toda comes back in human form to give Yuji and Yuka a warning, and then bursts into blue flame. The worst part is that there's a brief shot of the half-burned corpse, including his now deformed face and partially exposed (blue) skull. Ugh...
Episode 10: The Enigmatic Rider
- The previously hesitant Snail Orphnoch suddenly gaining a like for murdering humans after repeated threats from Smart Brain.
Episode 17: Takumi, Revival
- After Yoshimasa is reborn into the Armadillo Orphnoch, he then gains a drastic personality change, now set on killing people on who he hints on being the murderer of his sister Chie, in which Kiba is hesitant on telling the former that it was him. The murders warp him further into outright attempting to killing more people out of his Orphnoch nature.
Episode 20: The Beautiful Assassin
- Saeko having some special wine to murder "traitorous" Orphnochs as part of her assignment.
Episode 25: The Dark Laboratory
- The mysterious prototype belt, being able to electrocute whoever wears it to death. All it did to Takuma and Saeko when the belt was put on them was painfully shock them back into their Orphnoch forms.
Episode 27: Ryusei School Breaks Up
- Kyosuke and Ken being corrupted by the Delta Belt's power and becoming more wicked in general.
[[/folde]r][[folder:Episode 28: Dark Clover]]
- Kitazaki in general. Not only does he enjoys the murders he commits, treating it as a game at times, but who or what the touches disintegrates.
Episode 39: Faiz 2
- The Reveal that Kitazaki was the one who assaulted people on the day of the Ryusei School reunion, while Takumi was trying to protect Mari and the others.
Episode 42: Broken Wings
- Minami having his scientists incite painful experimentation to both Yuka and also the Crab Orphnoch.
Episode 44: Final Mail
- Minami having his police forces assault Takumi, Kiba, and Yuka.
Episode 49: A Sign Of Destruction
- The Arch-Orphenoch, a monster the other monsters fear. A "perfect" Orphenoch whose diet consists of other Orphenochs. And this isn't off screen either, we get to see it happen when he hunts down the treacherous Kitazaki and kills him.
- It should be noted that how this happens is worse than you're imagining. As Kitazaki tries to escape through a field of tall grass only for the Arch-Orphenoch to cut it all down with beams killing the terrified Dragon Orphenoch in the process. Then it stalks up to Kitazaki's petrified body and tears off his goddamn face before eating it, something we thankfully only see from the back. Then after the Arch Orphnoch seems to decide it likes the taste, it grasps Kitazaki's corpse and reveals that it's Kamen Rider-esque mouthpiece isn't a mouthpiece as it opens it's jaws wide to devour it's prey. The sight is so horrifying that the Centipede Orpheonoch Itsuro Takuma, who looks like this is reduced to a screaming wreck fleeing for his life.
Episode 50: My Dream
- The Arch Orphnoch evolving Saeko into immortality, at the cost of her humanity while she screams and said outline of her human form vainishing, thus resulting in her just being the Lobster Orphnoch.
- Just the Arch Orphnoch surviving the final battle and placed in a stasis tank in the end.
Kamen Rider 555: Paradise Lost
- Just the fact that this movie has most of humanity having been exterminated while Orphnochs dominate the planet, and few on either side working towards any kind of peace, plus multiple deaths.
- Kaido getting eaten by the Elasmotherium Orphnoch while Yuka's corpse burns with worms around her face.
- The headed Murakami getting crushed to death by the Wirepullers for his failure.