- Nearly every single line of English dialogue, and then some. Some of the more notorious examples can be found below.
- Virtua Fighter 2:
- WolfOhhh... to picture YOU winning, HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA...Come back again, in about a year! Ha!
- Jeffry(in a completely different voice) My next adversary is WAI-TING fooorrr meeEEE?You and I aren't finished yet, I WANNA REMATCH!
- SarahBetter run home to momma now!Even good guys BLOW IT! AHAHAHAHAHAHA!(clap clap) YAHOO!Pretty GEN-tle with tha WOMEN, huh?
- JackyI look forward to our NEXT BOUT.I'm faster than LIGHT! Ning.(in an overdramatic yet bored tone, vs. Sarah) Why has fate put us in the ring together?I'm just waiting for my sister!
- Lion(Heh!) What a knucklehead!I don't make it a habit to fight the elder-ly!(in a childish, whining tone) I want to fight MORE!
- Virtua Fighter 4 (including Evolution):
- JackyWanna fight again? You're WAY out of my league!
- LionWhy am I so GREAT?
- Virtua Fighter 5:
- WolfHere comes my SUPLEX!To be strong is... beautiful. Heh heh.Wrestling is the ULTIMATE SPORT! (wolf howl)
- JeffryI'll be celebrating TONIGHT! URAAAAAAAAAAGH!!Now that's... MARINER'S POWER!
- SarahLet's see how many seconds you'll last. Are you READY for THIS?I've got grace and power. You've got zip.
- Lion(in his usual high-pitched, nasally tone) You'd better take me seriously!
- El BlazeStart running... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!! noteI've got the advantage, you've got NOTHING! HOO-AH!What-are-you-waiting-for? Come get some!My body is an unstoppable...
WEAPON!I'll be invincible beyond ALL IMAGINATIOOOOON!Yeah! Heavyweights are NOTHING to me!
- Even for Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown (released in 2012), all voice clips are bizarrely low-quality and sound as if they were recorded with tinny microphones. This problem still persists in 2021's Ultimate Showdown, which updated the graphics using the Dragon Engine.
- It should be noted that Lion's voice acting, in comparison to most other English-speaking characters, is commonly agreed to have worsened over time instead of (marginally) improving, with his VF2 debut usually said to be his most tolerable and VF4 instead serving as a feast for the ears.
Narm / Virtua Fighter