- Defictionalization: Wolf Hawkfield became a "real" wrestler in All Japan Pro Wrestling from 1997 to 2000, being portrayed by wrestler Jim Steele.
- Dummied Out: Siba was removed last minute from the first game, but can still be accessed with cheating devices.
- Fan Nickname: The two long rectangular stages with walls on two sides in Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown, Lion and Lei-Fei's stages, are referred to as the "taco" stages. Because Lion's is colored blue, it's also called the "Cool Ranch" stage.
- Name's the Same: Kage shares the same name with characters from Yu-Gi-Oh! GX and Samurai Champloo.
- No Dub for You: The first season of the anime received an English dub, but sold poorly, leaving the second season undubbed and untranslated.
- No Export for You:
- The final revision of 4, Final Tuned, was exclusive to arcades in Japan.
- Virtua Fighter 5 R.note This was later mitigated with the international release of Final Showdown, two years after the initial release.
- International versions of the anime that did dub the second half sadly don't include "Ai ga Tarinaize" as the opening, this is due to TMS opting to keep "Wild Vision" as the opening for their international masters, and this also applies to the second and third endings.
- What Could Have Been:
- The Arab character of Siba was removed from the first game due to the creation of Akira and the game only having space for 8 characters at the time.
- Shenmue was originally planned as a spinoff of Virtua Fighter featuring Akira going to China to train.
- A port of Virtua Fighter 3 was in development for the Sega Saturn. However, it was never released due to coming so late in the console's lifespan and the fear that it would hurt the sales of the Dreamcast version.
- Virtua Fighter 4 was originally planned to be ported to the Dreamcast.
- The Wiki Rule: The Virtua Fighter Dot Com Wiki and The Wikia Virtua Fighter Wiki.
- Word of God: According to an interview with Yu Suzuki by a Russian gaming magazine, he envisioned Sarah as a smoker and enjoying tequila shots.
- Working Title: Siba's name in development is "Majido", which was a Japanese attempt at the Arabic name "Majid". He is still named this when playing as him via cheat codes in the first game.
- Write Who You Know: Akira was actually the very last character added to the first game, replacing the Arab fighter Siba. Suzuki had been learning Hakkyoku-ken, and partially based Akira on his sensei.
Trivia / Virtua Fighter