James Wooldridge, better known as Señor Wooly, is a singer who makes educational songs and music videos designed to teach Spanish to tweens and teens. His songs include stories and jokes that make people laugh while they learn. His most popular works include "Billy la Bufanda", a song about the strange adventures of the scarf Billy, and "¿Puedo ir al baño?", a song about a student who needs to use the bathroom.
"¿Puedo ir a la lista de tropos?":
- Adaptational Alternate Ending: The Billy y las Botas graphic novel restores the original ending that was cut from the music video.
- Adaptation Expansion: The Billy y las Botas graphic novel adds in additional dialogue that was not in the music video.
- Animate Inanimate Object: Subverted in "Billy la Bufanda". It looks like Billy the scarf can see, move, eat, etc., but it's always revealed that he's just an ordinary scarf who can't do any of these things.
- Art Evolution: The Billy music videos have improved in animation quality over time.
- Casual Interstellar Travel: In "Billy y las Botas", the eponymous characters just decide to go to the moon during their date.
- Comic-Book Adaptation: "Billy y las Botas" was adapted into a 52-page graphic novel with new dialogue and a different ending.
- Edutainment Show: His music videos are designed to teach basic Spanish.
- Fantastic Racism: In "Billy y Las Botas", the anthropomorphic scarf Billy hates other kinds of clothing. He hates gloves, jackets, and even hats.
- Interspecies Romance: Billy the anthropomorphic scarf is in love with two anthropomorphic boots.
- Licensed Game: There's a game called La Rocola del Sr. Wooly that features all of the characters from the videos.
- Limited Animation: Some of the earlier videos have limited animation, though the animation improved as the videos became more popular.
- Massive Multiplayer Crossover: La Rocola del Sr. Wooly features just about every character from every Señor Wooly video in one game.
- Official Couple: An official triad between Billy and the two pink boots. Billy loves them and goes out on a date with them.
- Questioning Title?: The song "¿Puedo ir al baño?"
- Triang Relations: Type 9 with Billy the scarf and the two boots. The two boots are good friends who are always seen together. They're both in a relationship with the same scarf named Billy. None of them seem to mind.
- Unreliable Narrator: In "Billy la Bufanda", Señor Wooly insists that Billy is just a normal, motionless scarf at the same time we see Billy living and moving around on-screen. When Señor Wooly says Billy has no teeth, the camera zooms in on Billy's teeth. You really have to wonder if Señor Wooly is telling the truth.