A Youtuber who covers Vocaloid songs in English. She tends to use the lyrics she herself wrote. Her real name is Juliet Simmons, but she prefers Juby. This is her Youtube, this is her webcomic, and this is her Tumblr. She's known to be a huge fan of Kagerou Project, having done many covers of the franchise, in fact, her cover of Toumei Answer was what started her popularity.
Tropes applying to Jubyphonic
- Affectionate Parody: "Death Should Not Have Taken Thee" pokes fun at a lot of RPG tropes, with a less than heroic heroine who's a coward and spends most of her time gaining Leaked Experience from the back, but at least admits it.
- Arc Words: Her Kagerou Project covers repeatedly use variations of the phrase "Fight the Sun". "Smile/smiling from ear to ear" tends to come up whenever the song relates to Ayano.
- Cover Version: Mostly covers Vocaloid tunes, but also a fair amount of J-Pop songs as well. Her cover of "Bad Apple" instead of being translated by her, instead uses the lyrics from the famous Cristina Vee version.
- Crowd Song: The ending of her Children Record revisit had a crowd of people join in.
- Cute, but Cacophonic: Her naturally high singing voice, combined with auto-tune can create some very high-pitched notes indeed in order to emulate the original Vocaloid.
- Determined Defeatist: "Yoru Wo Koero" is about someone who seems to be eternally convinced that their waking life amounts to nothing, only to have wonderful dreams that leave her enough spirit to continue on.
- Genki Girl: Very much so.
- Image Song: Her cover of Shounen Brave had a different PV that was about her instead of Seto, due to the fact that Juby couldn't use the original PV in good conscience, resulting in this.
- Let's Duet: Childish War, LUVORATORRRRRY, drop pop candy and A Female Ninja, But I Want To Love were all duets with rachie. drop pop candy was also a duet between her and Kuraiinu, as well as Taketori Overnight Sensation. Finally, Dancer in the Dark was a duet with namykya. World's End Dancehall was a duet with Sir Hamnet.
- Milestone Celebration: Her cover of "Bad Apple" was done to commemorate the tenth anniversary of the original English cover by Cristina Vee.
- Recycled Lyrics: Juby often uses the lyrics used in her Kagerou Project covers in future covers. daze being the best example, as the recycle lyrics of each Kagerou Project song she had sung prior to it was highlighted in the color of the character associated with it.
- Silly Love Songs: Some of her covers, such as Yuudachi no Ribbon, drop pop candy, Yuukei Yesterday and Summer's End, Love's Beginning. Taketori Overnight Sensation is an especially silly one. Then she and Rachie parody this trope with their cover of Magnet...
- ¡Three Amigos!: Seems to have this relationship with fellow utaites Kuraiinu and rachie.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: With rachie, a fellow utaite. It's all in jest, but rachie loves trolling her.