The story is centered around four students, each with their own ideas of love. Yuna dreams of falling in love, while down-to-earth Akari prefers a more realistic romance. Kazuomi has no idea what love is, while Rio will date anyone as long as she's cute.
This series contains examples of:
- Childhood Friends: Yuna and Kazuomi grew up together. Akari tries to twist their friendship into Childhood Friend Romance, but...
- Flirty Stepsiblings: Rio is deeply in love with Akari. To his credit, he fell in love with her before their parents got married, and she's the reason why he's unable to accept confessions from anyone else.
- Is It Something You Eat?: One of the first character quotes released that described Kazuomi was, "What's love? Is it tasty?"
- Light Feminine and Dark Feminine: Light-haired Yuna is a daydreamer while dark-haired Akari is more realistic.
- Love Dodecahedron: Naturally, a Love Dodecahedron was inevitable. Yuna quickly develops feelings for Rio, but Rio still secretly pines for Akari, while Akari may or may not have started to become attracted to Kazuomi.
- Naïve Everygirl: Yuna bases her knowledge of romance off of shoujo manga.
- Rose-Haired Sweetie: Yuna is a gentle girl and has pink hair.
- Shout-Out: Kazuomi lends Akari his DVD of (500) Days of Summer.
- Shrinking Violet: Yuna is very shy, and has very little friends besides Kazuomi after her best friend moved away.
- Single Girl Seeks Most Popular Guy: Yuna quickly falls for Rio, who happens to be very popular at school.
- Stepford Smiler: When Akari and her boyfriend break up in chapter 3, Yuna thinks she's fine with it. However, Kazuomi points out to her that things aren't as they seemed, and that Akari had been crying in the nurse's office in secret.