Mei Company (Mei Kon) started out as a manga that Youji Itami, the main character of Gate, enjoyed reading from time to time. Takumi Yanai, Gate's author, started writing an actual manga for it in 2015. It is now complete with eight chapters.
Mei Sakuragi was a Magical Girl Warrior who was forced to retire when her powers waned to the point she could no longer fight effectively. Learning that retired magical girls have little hope of going to college and finding a job, she managed to start her own small cleaning service, Mei Company, or Meicom for short. She quickly hires her old partners Itsuki Mizuta and Helene, and together, they have adventures adjusting to their new lives as cleaners, while the current generation of magical girl warriors continue to defend the city from the forces of evil in the background.
- Action Fashionista: Helene liked the cute magical girl outfits the most while battling the forces of evil. The main reason why she joined Mei Company is that the uniform resembles their old outfits.
- All Part of the Show: At one point, a Fish People type monster attacks the cafe Mei Company was at. After it is driven off, the bystanders think it was an act to attract customers.
- Audience? What Audience?: In the first few pages, Mei narrates a brief introduction, then Itsuki asks who she is talking to.
- Blow You Away: Emyulina, one of the current magical girl warriors, can release hurricane force winds. She doesn't have full control over it.
- Cleanup Crew: Mei Company often cleans up after magical girls have their battles, and they are incredibly efficient. However, since the current magical girls are unaware of Mei Company, they mistakenly believe that just like how the monsters disappear when killed, the surroundings go back to normal shortly after the monsters are killed.
- Destructive Saviour: Emyulina doesn't have full control over her wind ability and often wrecks the surroundings. Much to Mei Company's chagrin, since the current magical girls mistakenly believe the surroundings just go back to normal after a battle, they don't hold back when fighting, leaving more work for Mei Company.
- Epic Fail: When a Fish People type monster attacks the cafe Mei Company was at, it suddenly gets mauled by a bunch of hungry cats. Itsuki feels so sorry for it that she helps lead it back to the water.
- Failed a Spot Check: The current generation of magical girls never notice Mei Company's efforts to clean up after their battles.
- Glory Days: Mei and her friends sometimes reminisce about their old adventures as magical girls and wish they could return to the battlefield.
- Hero of Another Story: The current generation of magical girl warriors are often seen battling a Monster of the Week in the background while Mei and her friends work.
- Locked Out of the Loop: Mei's parents and little sister Hazuki are unaware that she and her friends used to be magical girls. Ironically, Mei and her friends are unaware Hazuki is one of the current magical girls.
- Making a Splash: Itsuki can create water from nothing, and used to be able to control tsunami levels of water. She was forced to retire when her powers waned and now she can only make water spray with the force of a garden hose.
- Man of Kryptonite: While reminiscing about their past battles, Itsuki mentions fighting a monstrous water strider, meaning it was unaffected no matter how much water she threw at it. Helene mentions fighting a swarm of monstrous fireflies that were not bothered by her flames.
- The Masquerade: Mei Company keeps their powers a secret from their clients.
- Mundane Utility: Mei uses her strength to clear rubble. Itsuki sprays water on things to clean them and can fill buckets without having to use a hose or faucet. Helene lights a fire to incinerate trash.
- NEET: Itsuki and Helene were reduced to being this after retiring from being magical girls until Mei hired them.
- Old Superhero: Not "old" per se, but definitely retired from fighting crime and often reminiscing about their Glory Days.
- Playing with Fire: Helene used to be able to make enormous flame constructs. She was forced to retire when her powers waned and now she can only make flames the size of a lighter's flame.
- Poor Communication Kills: For some reason, Mei and her friends never try to get the current magical girls' attention to inform them about how they are the ones forced to clean up after them, even though Mei and friends watch their battles all the time and start cleaning up right after it is over.
- Replacement Goldfish: Helene starts hanging out with an old woman who reminds her of her grandmother.
- Rouge Angles of Satin: Mei gets embarrassed at one point when the sign advertising her service reads "Mei Compuny" by mistake.
- Super-Strength: Mei used to be able to do feats like lifting and throwing giant boulders. She was forced to retire when her powers waned and now the best she can do is lift logs and small pieces of rubble. Her little sister Hazuki also has this ability, and it has not yet waned.
- Wake Up, Go to School, Save the World: Deconstructed. Because Mei, Itsuki, and Helene spent all their time fighting monsters, they failed a lot of classes and couldn't get into college, plus they lack the skills to qualify for a job besides Mei Company.
- Weirdness Censor: Even though battles against monsters often happen in public and cause collateral damage, the average citizen seems to be unaware of the monsters and magical girls.