The story focuses on the fourteen-year-old Ayame Daichi and her three best friends, as they encounter the rapid changes and challenges of adolescence.
The manga contains examples of following tropes:
- Accidental Pornomancer: Ayame seemingly can't help getting into all kinds of sexually compromising situations.
- Anything That Moves: As long as they are female, Ayame tends to find everyone around her attractive. She even ends up masturbating to the thought of two old women having sex.
- Beach Episode: Chapter four sees the girls go to a swimming pool.
- But Not Too Foreign: Shinobu is half-Japanese, half-East European, judging by her full name, but the others don't realize this until she tells them.
- Cool Big Sis: Fukuyama to the main girls. She may not be much older than them, but she is certainly more worldly and, ahem, experienced. She can also keep her cool in dangerous situations.
- Covert Pervert: Ayame is constantly having sexual fantasies about her friends, but nobody seems to notice and for the most part she seems to be a normal girl.
- A Date with Rosie Palms: Oh Ayame.
- Four-Girl Ensemble: Kagari is The Ditz, Shinobu is the Deadpan Snarker, Sango is the beautiful one, and Ayame is the protagonist and what seems to be The Heart of the group.
- Four-Temperament Ensemble: Ayame is the Melancholic, Sango is Phlegmatic, Shinobu is Choleric, and Kagari is Sanguine.
- Green-Eyed Monster: Kagari may not realize it yet, but she is quite protective of Ayame.
- Homoerotic Dream: A bonus chapter is dedicated to Ayame's dream where she is an (extremely unqualified) Office Lady having to resort to sleeping with her (female) boss to keep her job.
- Ignored Epiphany: Ayame seems to have experienced some kind of enlightenment in the adult matters during the visit to the temple, but it only lasts for half a day before she goes right back to being the same ol' Ayame.
- Imagine Spot: Ayame slips into weird (but arousing) fantasies about her friends regularly.
- Kiss of Life: Fukuyama administers one to Kagari after the latter seemingly drowns.
- Multi-Ethnic Name: Claudia Shinobu Kazamatsuri Mankovitch is of mixed Japanese-European descent, judging by that name.
- Oral Fixation: Lampshaded by Fukuyama in regard to Ayame eating her pizza.