The process of an object being repaired. Sometimes take the form of a "Repair Montage", where the character(s) is/are shown repairing something over a period of time.
Alternatively, it can have a being healing from injuries.
- The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King:
- The Houses of Healing scene in the Extended Edition, where Aragorn treats Éowyn's wounds, and later we see Faramir is recovering from his injuries.
- The reforging of Narsil (Aragon's inheritance sword).
- Serenity: after the title ship is seriously damaged while landing on Mr. Universe's planet, a series of shots show the crew repairing it.
- In Avatar: The Last Airbender, after the Gaang saves a river town from the Fire Nation and deciding to clean the river it's on, this happens.
- Parodied on an episode of Family Guy. Peter, Joe, Cleveland, and Quagmire decide to freshen up the Drunken Clam to attract more customers. When Quagmire points out that the repairs will take a long time, Peter declares, "Not if we do a 1980s 'Fixin' Stuff Up' montage!" Sure enough, a catchy 80s tune plays over shots of the guys working on the bar...but once the montage ends, they realize that they have only made the building look worse, and leave without cleaning up.