Saving Zoë is a 2007 Young Adult novel by Alyson Noël.
Meet fifteen-year-old Echo, a typical teen trying to survive high school without being totally traumatized by boy trouble, friend drama, and school issues. As if she didn't have enough on her plate, Echo is also still dealing with the murder of her sister Zoë. Although it's been over a year, Echo is still reeling from tragedy that changed everything. Beautiful and full of life, Zoë was the glue that held her family together, and although the two sisters were as different as night and day, they still had a bond that Echo can't let go of. When Zoë's old boyfriend Marc shows up one day with Zoë's diary, Echo doesn't think there's anything in there she doesn't already know. But as she gives in to curiosity and starts reading, she learns that her sister led a secret life that no one could have guessed—not even Echo.
In 2019 a film of the same name based upon the novel was directed by Jeffrey G. Hunt. Echo and Zoe were played by real life sisters Laura and Vanessa Marano.
- Adults Are Useless: At least, Echo's parents are.
- Awesome Mc Coolname: Echo
- Blonde, Brunette, Redhead: on the cover.
- City with No Name
- Death by Origin Story: Zoe, whose death is even mentioned in the summary on the back of the book. She was brutally murdered by a serial killer who told her he was a modeling agent and offered to do her portfolio.
- Deadpan Snarker: Echo
- Disappeared Dad: Marc's father is in jail.
- The Ditz: Jenay
- The Glorious War of Sisterly Rivalry: Not really while Zoe was alive, but after she died.
- Lonely Rich Kid: Marc
- Naughty by Night: Teresa, who acts pretty and innocent at school, but wears revealing clothes and hangs out with drug dealers and dropouts after school.
- Noodle Incident: What Jason did to Zoe and Carly is revealed in bits and pieces, until at the end it is revealed that he made a porno with them.
- Posthumous Character: Zoe
- Product Displacement: MySpace is mentioned in all but name.
- Ripped from the Headlines: From the hundreds of stories about beautiful girls meeting a man on MySpace who is not who he says he is and getting killed.
- Small Town Boredom: The whole reason Zoe decides to become a model.
- Stepford Smiler: Echo's mom after she starts taking medication for her depression.
- Troubled, but Cute: Marc, Zoe's boyfriend.
- Two Lines, No Waiting: Echo's storyline and Zoe's diary.
- Verbing Nouny
- Wide-Eyed Idealist: Zoe
- Wild Teen Party: What Echo expects when she goes to Teresa's party. Instead, she thinks it is more like a baby shower.