Zero-Context Examples are commented out. There are a lot of them.
The book contains examples of:
- Action Girl: Arguably, all of the women in the final stand.
- Bears Are Bad News: Inverted with the totems, and subverted because wolverines are also called devil bears, which compose the Tragg'a partly.
- Came Back Strong: It's revealed Mal'ek'a has been killed two times before, and came back stronger.
- Catchphrase: "Nom de tout!" and "Lord lifting Jesus!" are two of Kieran's favorites
- Deflector Shield: Created by the House.
- Duel to the Death: Although a bit of a twist on it.
- Magical Native American: Basically every First Nations person that appears is a shaman of some sort or another.
- Meaningful Name: Kieran's last name is Foy, which means raven. Guess what his totem turns out to be?
- Oh Look, More Rooms!: Tamson House is a good example. It's a mansion that takes up a city block, but looks like a series of townhouses from the outside. That's without going into how one can reach multiple spirit worlds from within it.
- One-Word Title
- Portmantitle: Moon + Heart.