Demon Dentist is 2013 children's book written by David Walliams. It is about a boy called Alfie who has really bad teeth (he has refused to go to the dentist after a terrible incident that happened to him years ago), who lives with his father in a very poor house. The two of them have to cope with having no money, no food, no heating and no electricity. Meanwhile the kids all over town are finding horrible disgusting things underneath their pillows. Alfie suspects that maybe the new dentist, Miss Root is probably behind this.
This is the sixth entry to David Walliams' "The World of Walliams" series.
Out of all the books, Walliams has written, this is the darkest. It is almost like a horror story for children.
- Big Eater: Winnie.
- Butt-Monkey: Poor Mr Grey gets trampled over by everyone in the school when they chase after Alfie. It doesn't help that he is painfully shy.
- Catchphrase: Mr Snood loves to say "IMPRO!"
- Darker and Edgier: This is most darkest out of all the books Walliams has written, dealing with elements of horror.
- Everyone Calls Him "Barkeep": Texting Boy is never referred to by his real name, the book just calls him texting boy.
- Genius Ditz: Raj.
- Heroic Sacrifice: Alfie's dad makes the elevator to the mines crash down carrying himself and Miss Root with it just so he could save Alfie and his friends.
- Jabba Table Manners: Winnie slurps her tea very loudly and snatches off peoples' food from them without asking.
- Large Ham: Mr Snood, the drama teacher.
- Potty Emergency: Winnie claims that coffee goes straight through her. So When she eats Alfie's coffee Revels, this doesn't go too well with her.
- Punny Name: Mr Snood, Miss Root and Mr Grey.
- The Reveal: Miss Root is actually a witch that steals children's teeth so that she can build her own cave.
- Some Call Me "Tim": Miss Root likes to be called "Mummy". Creepy, I know.