Awaken the Stars is a series of Action/Science Fiction books by Jer Keene.
The series consists of:
Awaken the Stars provides examples of:
- Action Girl: Ella Som, Ziba and Andi Banner.
- Bungled Suicide: Khodī Som, after his squad was killed in Iraq. Due to ETKC-51, instead of dying after shooting himself in the skull, he woke up 5 minutes later.
- Brainwashed and Crazy: Jasper Fox after he was doubled-dosed with ETKC-51.
- Handicapped Badass: Eric Som. He's missing a leg, two fingers and most of the sight in one eye but that hasn't stopped him from escaping from and staying a few step ahead of the US Government for 11 years.
- Older Than They Look: Both Euan Ambrus and Django Whetū are in their 80s but look like they're in their 30's due to ETKC-51 slowing their ageing.
- Papa Wolf: Django's response to Fox killing his son Khodī̂ is to empty 9 bullets into him.
- Reports of My Death Were Greatly Exaggerated: Eric Som. After being taken as a Prisoner of War for 8 months, he returned to find out he had been declared legally dead. He then had to spend the next 11 years on the run, unable to inform his family of his living status.
- Shotguns Are Just Better: Kai Aukai's preferred weapon of choice is a shotgun.
- Superpowerful Genetics: All of Django's kids inherited some form of power from him.
- Super Serum: ETKC-51, a drug used by the department to create specialised agents for the stated purpose of defending the United States of America.
- Tragic Monster:Jasper Fox after he was doubled-dosed with ETKC-51.
- When Elders Attack: Django Whetū might be in his 90's but he is still very much capable of kicking ass and taking names. Having the body of a much younger man probably helps though.