- The Phys Ed teacher is Major Alex Louis Armstrong.
- Who teaches his class by having them run laps around the school (About 20km when you include the fields and forest).
- While cleaning the school grounds, Hachiken finds and drags back a discarded Colonel Sanders statue. Lord knows who dumped it by the side of the road, but everything involving the boys' shenanigans with it from that point onwards is laugh-out-loud hilarious.
- "WE'VE ANGERED THE COLONEL!"
- Really, practically anything Hachiken says or does is hilarious, mostly due to the ridiculous facial expressions he uses.
- They're infectious as people who have spent time with him, such as Aki and her family, have started doing them; and it's hilarious every time.
- It seems to be genetic, as chapter 74 shows that Hachiken's mother has rather animated reactions towards the (gruesome and uncanny to an outsider) day-to-day activities of the school. Her reactions are somewhat more subdued than her son's.
- Aki's father talking Hachiken through quartering a deer.
- Aki's father tells Hachiken how to identify the age of the cows by their udders and how low they hang. His wife smacks him with a broom.
- Followed by Hachiken staring in Aki's direction while musing over said method, resulting in Aki's Dad beating him up
- When Hachiken and Aikawa come back from summer break:Unknown girl: Hey Aikawa, Hachiken. Welcome back.Aikawa: Who was that?Hachiken: She doesn't look familiar.(Unknown girl/Tamako Inada]] flips her name plate over)Aikawa/Hachiken: (in Unison) THAT'S HUMPTY?!?!?
- Vice-President's dog became Vice-President!
- Horses don't step on people. Really.
- Shingo taking a picture of Yugo's Crowning Moment of Awesome:Shingo: I got a shot of your best moment, so I'm gonna send it to Mom.
[shows Yugo hanging onto Chestnut for dear life]
- ...then Yugo breaks the phone in half!
- ...and after a while while Shingo is glad that the phone's memory is saved at least, Ayame's horse finally destroys it in its entirety.
- When Yugo asks around for ways to make money, one man mentions watering down milk to make a profit and some ways to avoid getting caught. When Yugo is about to question this, for obvious reasons, the man cuts him off screaming "If you even think about it, I will kill you!"
- The way absolutely everyone he asks about the money problem brings up crabs.
- Crabs are mentioned again as a possible source of income in Chapter 87, this time from Yugo's Russian sister-in-law Alexandra. Cue Yugo's face of disbelief.
- The way absolutely everyone he asks about the money problem brings up crabs.
- In the special chapters, when Hachi realizes that Toku just has bad eyesight.Hachi: Here, try to put these on
Toku: Hum, thanks *puts the glasses on and stops squinting her eyes*
Hachi: TOKU-SAN, WILL YOU MARRY ME?!
Toku: Eh? Oh, sure.
- As well as another man's bugged-out eyes expression in the same panel. He was either taken aback by the question and response, Toku's transformation, or both.
- Aki's mom and grandmother are ecstatic at the thought of having Hachiken as son-in-law.
- Aki's family contemplating about her bad grades. Much to her dismay.
- Yugo exclaiming that he'll take responsibility and help Aki. Her mother and grandmother are ecstatic. Her father on the other hand is trying to smash Yugo with a table. He then threatens him to not touch his daughter and make sure she pass...or else.
- When Aki's father picks up the table to throw, all the other members of the family pulled the dishes off even as they were squeeing. They saw this coming.
- Yugo getting the death punishment via gym sock from a jealous upperclassmen because he was helping Aki and the two were alone.
- Yugo getting jealous texts from his former schoolmates.
- Yugo, Tokiwa and Taro finds the concept of Men's bath yogurt disgusting. So Hajime suggests women's bath yogurt.Yugo, Tokiwa and Taro: "You're a Genius!"
- Tokiwa's attempt to tag-along on Hachiken and Mikage's date. He gets beaten up by Mikage's roommates to prevent him from being a Moment Killer.
- Yugo's mother excitedly tells him that she liked the yogurt he brought home. You know, the "Men's Bath Yogurt"? Yugo could only respond near-catatonic, muttering apologies to his poor, unsuspecting mother.
- Just before that, her chatting with Aki sparking off a lot of hilarious classmate speculative thought bubbles. Shipping! It's a free action!
- The totally in-sync, spontaneous and hilarious reaction of both Yugo and Tamako when Tokiwa offers to help with the books for the pork fund: instant physical response has never been so immediate, or, on Tamako's side, so heart-felt. Please note just how quickly this comes on the heels of Tokiwa basically selling his future to Tamako at incredible interest just to enter the pork fund at all.
- In chapter 87, Shingo and wife Alexandra leaves behind beef stew for Hachiken and his dormmates to eat. Since Shingo is an infamous Lethal Chef, they state in unison that there's a 50/50 chance the stew may actually kill them. Nishikawa tricks Okawa into being their Guinea Pig. One Gilligan Cut later he's passed out.
- Chapter 89: Mikage offers to cook Hachiken something for him. Given the month, Hachiken tries to use this as an excuse to get her to make chocolate for him. The implication goes completely over her head. Toyonishi has to flatly explain what Hachiken actually meant to her.
- Chapter 90: Okawa gives one of the most epic troll faces after he finds out Yoda got dumped by his girlfriend and is single on Valentine's Day.
- Chapter 91: Aki's roommates learn that she's procrastinating give Hachiken the chocolate she baked for him for Valentine's. Since it's after curfew, they force her to drop it down a window to him.
- Chapter 94: Hachiken's dad comes to his school. To survive him you have the following choice:
- Bow down to him.
- Playing opossum.
- Look straight at him, don't avert your eyes or you will be killed!
- When Yugo imagines his dad meeting Aki's, he makes one of his hilarious horrified expressions and imagines them as two battling human Kaiju.
- Nakajima-sensei rises from his post-festival stupor, as if an ancient evil recently reawakened.
- Chapter 99: Manami sends the new Equestrian Club member Mahi to tell Hachiken and Aki to just start dating already. Aki gets embarrassed and starts chasing Manami on a horse. When Hachiken explains the situation to Mahi, she ends up admiring him for sticking to his principles, which annoys the other club members even more.
- Chapter 106: It turns out the horse Hachiken rides for qualifiers, which is infamous for being unruly, follows his order to a T because it has a fetish for glasses.
- Chapter 109 has Hachiken's dad perform the Moment Killer to end all Moment Killers...asking where's the exit because he got lost. Hachiken and Aki are appropriately catatonic with surprise, staring up at him.
- Chapter 111: Aki remembers back to chapter 100 where Hachiken asked her to go out with him if she gets accepted to college as extra incentive. Aki then starts freaking out when she takes that to mean Hachiken will lose interest in her if she fails and that he hates "dumb girls."
- Chapter 112: Shingo faces adversity for the first time in his life; trying to tutor Ayame into getting passing grades. Despite his best efforts she's still failing her classes.
- Chapter 113: Sakae speaks for everyone regarding Hachiken and Mikage's relationship. "You're so boring! JUST BANG ALREADY!"
Then go to his apartment, give him a reply, and ENGAGE IN AN IMPURE ADULT RELATIONSHIP!!!
- Taken Up to Eleven in 120, when Sakae nearly uses the phrase straight out:
- Chapter 114 opens with Komoba calling Hachiken to ask him for his brother's contact information. Hachiken accuses him of being some type of scam artist because "the Komoba he knows would never ask a favor."
- Chapter 117:
- During her Admissions Interview, Aki starts stumbling over her words and accidentally blurts out that she likes Hachiken.
- After spending several chapters trying to woo Ikeda, Nishikawa ends up getting shot down because his family only farms vegetables.
- Hachiken's Pizza selling business fails to break even buy a few thousand yen. Okawa decides the best solution to make a profit is to bet the remainder of their savings on a horse race. Hachiken, Tamako, and Beppu's rage faces lasts for several panels. When Mika later found out what Okawa did, she kicks his face in, and his face remains paved in throughout the next chapter as well.
- After Yugo makes the bacon, he becomes crazy popular. One day a girl comes to ask him something during lunch and gets really embarrassed. Everyone stares excitedly while Mikage looks calmly at her bento, croquette half raised. When the girl asks for some of his bacon, the croquette drops and Mikage doesn't even notice because she's focused on looking at her bento.
- In Chapter 126, it's revealed that a picture of Hachiken's dad is being used by students as a protective charm against evil spirits.
Funny / Silver Spoon