- The entire game, for all the wrong reasons.
Dante: King? ...Yeah, (brandishes handguns) here's your crown. (blasts Arius out the building)
- Mention must go to the scenery-chewing wizardry of Arius once he loses his marbles and then loses the fight. Mission 17 of Dante's disc will make you wonder how he could've ever been considered a legitimate threat.
- Mixed with awesome, is after the fight in Dante's disc:
- When it came to advertising the game for rerelease on the Nintendo Switch, the marketing decided to target the only aspect of the game that is adored, let alone liked; Dante's coat.
- There's enough of them in this game for it to get its own page.
- Basically, the rule of the world of Devil May Cry is "if at first it does not work, beat the crap out of it." Dante kicks the fake spear when it doesn't work in 3, Nero shoots the control panel when it initially fails to open the bridge, etc...
- Poor Dante has been impaled with his own swords so many times it's become something of a running gag and series tradition.
- Getting ASSSSS ranks at the end of missions.