Tombs of the Blind Dead is a 1972 Spanish horror film by Amando de Ossorio, which spawned a number of sequels.
In the original film, tourists visiting an abandoned mediaeval town near the Spanish-Portuguese border. They were drawn by the myths of undead knights haunting the area, and soon find themselves pursued by the Blind Dead.
- The Dead Have Eyes: Subversion. The zombies are undead Knights Templar, whose eyes were pecked out by crows after they were accused of heresy by the church. They hunt you by sound alone.
- Gory Deadly Overkill Title of Fatal Death: The title.
- Hellish Horse: The titular undead monks ride equally undead horses.
- Living Motion Detector: In a variant, the Blind Dead can only track you down if you make a sound. Staying still helps. It can't save you forever, however — they can hear your heart beating.
- Revenge of the Sequel: The first sequel, Return of the Blind Dead.
- Revenant Zombie: The zombies are the resurrected corpses of evil medieval Knights Templar who were executed for heresy. They are intelligent, although they don't talk. Notably, they're also completely blind as their eyes were eaten by crows, meaning they hunt solely by sound.