Toc Toc is a Spanish 2017 movie from Warner Bros. based on a play of the same name by Laurent Baffie.
People all over the world have some form of obsessive compulsive disorder. This is especially true for six people living in Madrid, Spain (where they call it "trastorno obsesivo compulsivo" or TOC). They are:
- Blanca (Alexandra Jiménez), a lab worker who ironically suffers from mysophobia and thus, has the urge to maintain sanitation whenever possible.
- Ana María (Rossy de Palma), a religious kook who keeps having to check things.
- Emilio (Paco León), a taxi-driving human calculator with a bad case of Diogenes Syndrome (hoarder disorder).
- Lili (Nuria Herrero), a nice gym coach girl who can't stop repeating herself (palilalia) or others (echolalia).
- Otto (Adrián Lastra), a nice tall guy who has issues with symmetry and can't will himself to step on pavement cracks or other asymmetrical lines on the road.
- And Federico (Oscar Martínez), a mature, aspiring lawyer who suffers from Tourette syndrome and can't stop saying profanities and making obscene gestures at others. (He's not proud of it.)
Fortunately, they know about a world-famous doctor known only as Dr. Palomero, whose expertise is in helping those riddled with OCD. Unfortunately, because the receptionist, Tiffany (Inma Cuevas), had technical frustrations with a new scheduling system, all six have been scheduled to see Dr. Palomero at the exact same time. To make matters worse, it turns out the good doctor's flight from London is running late. Despite this and a less than pleasant first impression, Federico suggests they all share their problems with each other to pass the time. Besides, what could happen?
- Almighty Janitor: Emilio, an extremely effective human computer that makes a living as a cab driver.
- Apologizes a Lot: Federico, due to his Tourette syndrome, keeps apologizing for the outbursts. Emilio helps him shake out of his constant need to apologize.
- Bottle Episode: Aside from flashbacks and the end, the majority of the movie takes places in the waiting room of Dr. Palomero.
- He Who Must Not Be Seen: Dr. Palomero. Everybody talks about him, but no one knows what he looks like. Except he was there all along.
- Official Couple: Lili and Otto start dating each other at the end.
- Sir Swears-a-Lot: Federico. He's incredibly ashamed of it.
- Twist Ending: The ending reveals that Federico is Dr. Palomero himself.