Premutos: Der Gefallene Engel is a 1997 Black Comedy/horror movie directed by Olaf Ittenbach.
The titular Premutos is the first fallen angel, prior even to Lucifer. Throughout history, wars have been fought in his name, while his son is reborn many times through the ages to prepare the way for his return. One day, on his birthday, a father finds the last surviving copy of Premutos' tome buried in his backyard. Blasphemy, gorn, and hilarity ensue.
Tropes featured in this movie:
- Abusive Parents: Walter is a terribly neglectful father who's trying to raise Matthias to become a soldier by being as hard on him as possible.
- All of the Other Reindeer: The appropriately-named Rudolf is hated by the rest of his village, and perhaps rightfully so when it turns out he's been killing people with the intent of bringing them back, though he does it with the intent of resurrecting his wife. Unfortunately, they all come back as mindless zombies.
- Anti-Climax: Both times he's featured, Premutos is made out to be a serious threat. Then he gets his ass handed to him with ease.
- The Antichrist: The son of Premutos is something like this. His goal is to pave the way for his father, and he's reincarnated every time he dies until he fulfills his duty.
- Artistic License Religion: According to most interpretations, Jesus was a human incarnation of God, procreated by the Holy Spirit. Here though, he's just the human son of God, and he's brought back not as by ascending to Heaven, but by a follower of Premutos.
- Black Comedy: Oh, lots.Villager: (looks at photo of a crosseyed man) That's my dad! (cut to a rotting, crosseyed corpse)
- Body Horror: Whenever the son of Premutos goes One-Winged Angel, the skin above his mouth is pushed up to fit his new teeth and any missing limbs regenerate themselves.
- Butt-Monkey: Throughout the movie, Matthias has a rather unlucky streak. He has dental fillings without anesthesia, runs into a car on his bike when he sees his crush, has to wear a pink pair of shorts to his football game, where he gets kicked in the balls so hard he needs stitches. After that, he's in extreme pain for a good chunk of the movie, spilling yellow liquid on his lap, and finally he gets the skin on his face pulled back by wires.
- Demon Lords and Archdevils: Premutos is the first fallen angel and the lord of darkness, with his fall predating that of Lucifer.
- Dropped a Bridge on Her: A random and completely plot-irrelevant woman is introduced and she manages to tear her way through a horde of zombies with just a metal rod and a scythe. She's unceremoniously killed off by Premutos' son shortly after.
- Gorn: Duh. It's Olaf Ittenbach. What's especially notable is the total body count of 139.
- Groin Attack: An overly long subplot comes from Matthias being kicked in the balls in a soccer game and requiring stitches and being in pain for much of the movie until the middle of the movie.
- Henpecked Husband: Hugo. Edith is always going on and on about how stupid and useless he is, routinely yelling at him.
- Jerkass: Edith. She constantly berates Hugo to his face in front of their friends, flirts with Christian, and shows she has a bit of a racist streak when he ignores her.
- Lovecraft Lite: The cult of Premutos has influence all across the world, to the point where Jesus himself was resurrected by them. Meanwhile, Premutos does everything in his power to see that he always comes back with the intent of raising the dead back to life, no matter how many times he or his son are killed. But with all that said, it's a comedy.
- Necromancer: It's Premutos' hat, practically. Notably his followers don't initially intend to make zombies and just want to resurrect their dead.
- Our Zombies Are Different: They look and act like your run of the mill Romero zombies, but they're brought back through supernatural means and go down just like anyone else and don't appear to have an infectious bite.
- Overly Long Gag: Once the villagers confront Rudolf, the mayor is killed and they continue yelling at him for that and not for all the corpses in his shed.
- Revenant Zombie: Jesus was apparently one of the only people successfully reanimated by Premutos' magic who didn't become a full blown Flesh-Eating Zombie.
- Sudden Downer Ending: Hugo and Tanja have defeated the army of zombies and blown up Premutos, and they embrace in the middle of the street ... only for a car to come out of nowhere and accidentally run over them offscreen.
- Tome of Eldritch Lore: The book of Premutos chronicles the entire history of the fallen angel, and how he has been gradually stealing followers from Christianity and starting wars in his name.
- Unusually Uninteresting Sight: Daughter is wearing a latex outfit? Oh, no big deal at all.
- Vomit Indiscretion Shot: Christian projectile vomits all over Edith's dress when she tries to wake him up.
- Would Hit a Girl: Hugo punches Edith in the face after being fed up with her constant berating of him.
- Your Head Asplode: A random bum finds one of those glasses of yellow liquid and drinks it, and well, the results are what you'd expect.
- Zombie Apocalypse: Premutos' end goal, though he never gets all that far with it.