- "You're invited..."
It's My Party and I'll Die If I Want To is a 2007 Slasher Movie directed by Tony Wash.
Sara is turning 18. Her friends are throwing her a party in Burkitt Manor. Here's the problem: Burkitt Manor is haunted. Seventy years ago, Jacob Burkitt murdered his entire family then killed himself. Now their ghosts haunt the house, and start to kill all of Sara's friends.
This film contains examples of:
- Abusive Parents: Jacob Burkitt beat his kids daily.
- Big Bad: Jacob Burkitt, patriarch of the Burkitt clan and leader of the ghosts.
- Developing Doomed Characters: Barring the prologue and Jill's death, it takes 44 minutes for the killing to start.
- Downer Ending: Sara opens the door to escape Burkitt Manor, but all her friends the ghosts didn't already kill pour in. The door is latched, and the ghosts butcher everybody.
- Generic Doomsday Villain: Jacob Burkitt was a rich businessman who snapped one day for no reason, started abusing his kids, eventually murdered them and killed himself and now haunts his old house. His expression never changed, nor does he speak. He jut kills.
- Gory Deadly Overkill Title of Fatal Death
- The Hero Dies: We don't see what happens to Sara, but we see her run up to the door, get dragged off by a ghost, and then blood splatrers on the door, so she is likely dead.
- Horror Doesn't Settle for Simple Tuesday: The film is mostly set on Sara's birthday, and Halloween.
- Long Title
- Pater Familicide: Richard Burkitt curses the house by doing this.
- Pun-Based Title: Based on the Lesley Gore song "It's My Party and I'll Cry If I Want To."
- Shout Out: