- Gunther disease: (med.) a rare, recessive, metabolic disease affecting heme.Its main symptoms include anemia and extreme skin photosensitivity.It is believed to be the origin of the vampire myth.The first lines in the movie.
Tracy (Makenna Guyler) is an American college student studying photography in Italy, and has a fascination with ancient architectural design. She wants to get a few more photos of old buildings before she has to go home. Some people suggest she check out an old mansion in a neighbourhood close by, so she and her friend Petra (Marta Tananyan) go and check it out.
When they get there, Tracy is over the moon at the chance to try out her new camera filters, and starts clicking away. However, after Petra disappears, Tracy learns that there's someone else in the mansion with her, and he has sinister plans in mind for her. Now, with the help of a thief who was hiding in the house since last night named Alex (Emanuele Tureta), Tracy needs to find a way to escape whatever fate this mysterious person has in store for her.
The movie was released on November 13th, 2018.
Blood Bags contains examples of:
- Alliterative Title: Blood Bags.
- Apocalyptic Log: Petra finds one in a room in the mansion about how a baby is discovered to have Gunther Disease.
- The Bad Guy Wins: Vittorio, his brother, and Bruno succeed in killing Tracy to harvest her blood for the killer to recieve.
- Blind Without 'Em: Tracy sends Alex to retrieve her glasses soon after they first meet, saying she can't see without them.
- Boom, Headshot!: Antonio kills Vittorio by shooting him in the head in Tracy's Imagine Spot.
- Downer Ending: Twice Tracy only imagined escaping the mansion, and is strapped down to a table by the end of the movie, having her blood drained. She screams in terror to be released, only for the killer to chop her in the face.
- Facial Horror: The killer's face is extremely swollen and has no lips.
- Hope Spot: When it seems like Tracy and Alex are going to escape the house after killing Bruno, Vittorio, and the killer, Tracy comes to strapped to a table.
- In the Back: The killer kills Petra by stabbing her in the back multiple times.
- Messy Maggots: Near the beginning of the movie, when Alex and Tony are rooting through objects in the mansion, the camera cuts to a close-up of a jar with maggots crawling around in it.
- Murderer P.O.V.: Sometimes, the camera cuts to the P.O.V. of the murderer, showing that he's colorblind.
- Sackhead Slasher: The killer wears what looks like a bag over the top of his head.
- Slashed Throat: How Tony dies at the hands of the killer.
- Trail of Blood: The killer leaves a big, long trail of Petra's blood as he drags her corpse through the upstairs hallway.