L9 Commando is an elite military task force sent to Albania to bust up a drug ring that's cornered the market with genetically-modified plants that maximize growth. They've gotten a lead on a greenhouse, and head out to destroy it. However, the cartel has gotten sick of their meddling and has set a trap. The soldiers now have to survive a sealed bunker with giant spiders stalking their every move.
This film contains examples of:
- Action Prologue: L9 Commando stopping an arms deal.
- Big Bad: The unnamed head of a drug cartel, who has set giant spiders on his enemies.
- The Cartel: The secondary antagonists are a worldwide drug ring using genetic engineering to maximize crops.
- Cobweb Jungle: The first sign L9 has that this isn't a normal mission is a room filled with cobwebs.
- The End... Or Is It?: The spiders are killed and the survivors are rescued, but some mysterious men take the spider corpses for their own purposes.
- Genetic Engineering Is the New Nuke: The spiders are made giant by genetic experiments to make plants yield massive crops. The process happens to make animals more aggressive.
- Giant Spider: The main antagonists are a horde of giant, super aggressive spiders made by genetic engineering to destroy a commando unit for a drug cartel.
- Kick the Dog: The cartel trapping L9 Commando to be eaten by giant spiders as opposed to a more practical way of killing them.
- Portmantitle: "Arachnid"+"Homicide"
- Rapid Aging: Turns out the spiders' aging process is sent into hyperdrive with their growth, which dispatches them by the end.
- The Sociopath: The unnamed drug lord, who is positively chipper as he talks about having his enemies torn apart by giant spiders.