Proof that the remaining 10% is worth dying for here.
These are recommendations made by Tropers for The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen fanfics, all of which have to be signed to stay on the page. Feel free to add a fanfic of your own to the list, but remember to use the template found here.
You can also add to the current recommendations if you want. Refrain from posting Conversation in the Main Page though; that goes in the discussion page.
- Recommended by bookwormgal
- Status: Complete
- Synopsis: Fresh on the heels of their earlier triumph, Victorian Britain's unlikely collaborators must face an even more perilous threat that descends upon London through the black void... Adapting the events of the movie to allow for the events for the second graphic novel to come to pass.
- Pairing(s): Tom Sawyer/Mina Harker with some one-sided Henry Jekyll (Edward Hyde)/Mina Harker
- Recommended by: Silent Stranger
- Status: Dormant (last updated July 2017)
- Synopsis: An Expanded Universe followup on the Travellers Almanack and The Black Dossier, detailing the exploits of several foreign Leagues throughout the late 19th and early 20th century. Has some really cool trivia and references, such as The Man with No Name being part of the first American League, Gomez Addams working as an advisor for the fourth American League, Dr Temna being a member of the Imperial Japanese League, and Springfield and Toon Town being mentioned as one of the myriad pocket dimensions that manifests in the League world. There was also an independent League sponsored by Charles Foster Kane that did not work out as planned. Like the canonical League material, subversions and deconstructions of character archetypes are abound.
- Pairings: The Man With No Name/Lulu Colt, Dr. Ilsa Schlimm/Albrecht Krieger/Dr. Strangelove/Erich Von Stalhein/Dr. Christian Szell, Martin Sterckx/Hugo Cabret
- Comments: This troper was never a big fan of the League series; I thought that the concept itself was rather interesting, in how it weaves a functioning narrative around the Wold Newton Family theory, and how it could be utilized as a kind of meditation on popular fiction — old and new. However, Alan Moores rather cynical Author Tract turned me off to any of its installments. That being said, I tip my hat to Draco Orwell, as this fix has, in my eyes, flushed out the story's true potential. Many of the activities listed within would arguably make better stories than what Moore has written without the protracted Take That! towards millennials and new media, and showcases how it can be used to express actual passion for fiction of any medium. The scenarios are all very logical, thought-out, and inventive, mixing equal parts Rule of Cool and Reality Ensues, creating a rather refreshing and lived-in world that I'd much rather be reading. 88y53
- Update: If this fic wasn't good enough, its sheer depth and creativity has inspired other writer to create companion-fics set in the same continuity. Yep, you read that right — people are actually writing fanfiction for fanfiction.
- Recommended by Meek Gazelle
- Status: Complete
- Synopsis: Four short AU anecdotes that explore the interesting ways Mina's husband Jonathan could have been portrayed in the comics.
- Pairing(s): Mina Murray/Jonathan Harker, Mina Murray/Allan Quatermain, Irene Adler/Allan Quatermain