A Prequel of sorts to Pink Personal Hell And Altering Fate that follows a similar plot, whilst at the same time not being two separate perspectives. It starts when a young human's world is turned upside down when Rainbow Dash crashes into his house from seemingly nowhere, and it all goes on from there.
This page is currently a work in progress, so expect Tropes to be added in gradually. You can read the story here
- Animal Eyes: After his first transformation, Draco's eyes retain their draconic appearance. They also serve as his Cutie Mark.
- Eyes of Gold: Draco once again.
- Author Avatar: Whilst having a different appearance to his real-life counterpart, Peter is based upon himself, down to all his likes and dislikes.
- Berserk Button: Draco's has his pushed a few times:
- When he sees the CMC being bullied. This triggers his first transformation.
- Gilda pulling mean pranks
- Angel disrespecting Fluttershy and pushing her around.
- Despair Event Horizon: The mirror that Peter/Draco finds in chapter five shows him pretty much the low point of his life, and that the events that were displayed showed that he was almost pretty much tempted to take his own life. This gets even more painful when you take into account that this stuff really did happen to the author.
- Allegedly, the mirror is not shy to showing this - Nightshade has her own mentioned too.
- Dude, Not Funny!: In-Universe response to Gilda's pranks.
- Gadgeteer Genius: Twilight manages to get a few ideas how a computer works with magic. Potential Magitech down the line?
- I Choose to Stay: Nightshade had in the past, as well as Draco
- Product Placement: This was made slightly before the time, but the other card game Peter suggests trying to teach Rainbow Dash is Cardfight!! Vanguard. Bushiroad, the company behind Vanguard, are the distributors of My Little Pony in Japan.
- Punny Name: Casabaleric = Casablanca. Of course!
- Draco claims that he comes from Wiltshire. Whilst there is a Wiltshire in the UK, allow your mind to put it into Pony context.
- Rhymes on a Dime: Zecora. And just like with Nickel, it's pretty contagious.
- Rule of Funny: Pinkie Pie's first instinct when there's a flood in Equestria? Get Bubble Bath!
- Scaled Up: Draco turns into a giant dragon when his anger peaks. He soon learns how to change into a smaller (still larger than a pony) form at will.
- Sequel Hook: Draco Scales namedrops Dominic from Pink Personal Hell and Altering Fate.
- Shapeshifting: Draco Scales finds out this is his talent.
- Shipping: Between Draco and Fluttershy.
- Nightshade is a shout-out in two ways. First off, her human name is Zoë - a Shout-Out to a character in Percy Jackson and the Olympians. She also mentions things happening to people named Zoë from Casablanca.
- As with Pink Personal Hell and Altering Fate, the title is a shout out to The Vision of Escaflowne. Complete with Peter showing Rainbow Dash an image of something that he claims has a Dilandau face.
- Rainbow Dash tells Peter of the time when Twilight got so mad she burst into flames, and Peter responds by saying that evolved into Rapidash. She does it again when Draco brings it up.
- Unusual Euphemism: One instance of Draco suddenly breaking into rhyme is met with him shouting "HOLY FRICKING CELESTIA!"