Shadow the Hedgehog 2: The Revenge of Maria is a fanfic penned by SallysFunnyKiss, which can be read on her deviantART and fanfiction.net accounts. The story centers around Shadows one year anniversary as an agent of GUN. His fellow agents, as well as the Commander, have yet to show any sort of trust in him and send him off to perform the most menial tasks instead of anything remotely serious. In an effort to prevent him from going AWOL, they decide to inexplicably bring Maria back to Shadow, cementing his position within their ranks so they can use him for something more useful later on. Despite the rather serious-sounding plot, the story is much more humor-centric, and is more of a farce than anything.
This page is currently in need of quite a bit of work. However, the character sheet is looking pretty spiffy.
This fanfic provides examples of:
- Author Tract: The author makes her feelings toward "Revvin' Up" being the only Crush 40 song available on Spotify well known.
- Captain Ersatz: On Eggman's new smartphone, there is an interactive program named Iris
- Department of Redundancy Department: Done in the narration for comedic effect.
- Five-Man Band: With six members instead of the typical five, Team Hardline consists of:
- No Fourth Wall
- There's one to Fullmetal Alchemist at the start of chapter 9, in which the narration says "Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost."
- In fact, the author loves doing these so much that there is at least one to pretty much anything under the sun in each chapter. They go from anime such as Fullmetal Alchemist and Hamtaro, to live-action TV shows such as Arrested Development (the author's favorite show), and even Limp Bizkit and the Backstreet Boys of all things. She references this very wiki quite often as well.
- Viewers Are Geniuses: The author's word choice can be a bit odd at times- have a dictionary or thesaurus handy.
- Wanton Cruelty to the Common Comma: Averted for the most part, as the author is a bit of a Grammar Nazi, but she has a tendency to delve in some parenthetical remarks and go on tangents.