nooo.........You lived like a warrior ans died to an hero.
Dinobot's Old Technology is an infamous Beast Wars fanfiction written during the early days of online fandom by one named MG-Dinobot. A straight rewrite of the episode "Code of Hero" (often considered the best in the series) in script format with very little changes, it was followed by several sequels that had more original plots.
However, MG-Dinobot reportedly had a cursory at best knowledge of English and "translated" his writing word for word with a dictionary, with predictable results. Several lines from the fics quickly became memetic within the fandom, to the point that the series most infamous line (quoted above) was referenced in the Transformers Animated Almanac, and is the caption for his picture on TFWiki.net.
An archive of the fics can be found here.
Tropes used in Dinobot's Old Technology and its sequels include:
- "Blind Idiot" Translation: The entire thing was translated word for word from French to English by someone not fluent in the latter. It shows.
- Came Back Wrong: Dinobot is resurrected as Mega-Rex, who is now a murderous maniac with a questionable combination of animals for his alt-mode.
- Due to the Dead; Optimus Primal bring back Dinobot's body to the Maximal base and destroy it, WITH HONOR!
- Left Hanging: The last chapter ends with the appearance of Airrazor and Tigatron in a new form and more powerful than before.
- Mix-and-Match Critter: Mega-Rex is a "Ty-Rex"/snake/ant hybrid while Death Blade is a bird/shark one.
- Non Sequitur: While contemplating his fate, Dinobot cannot resist dropping random exposition.Dinobot: rrrrr.....I think the time is come for the final battle of my life...mmmm...I know that I will die, but if my calcule are right, less than 10 steses pods had not crashed to the earth during the alien blast.
- Plot Hole: Just how Dinobot is resurrected as Mega-Rex is never explained.
- Reading The Stage Directions Outloud: Due to the combination of script format and poor grammar, some of the characters appear to be doing this.Rampage: Hahahaha...You will be destroy lizard head. Dinobot jump on Rampage and blast him with his sword but
- Rouge Angles of Satin: The main source of humor. Several words are also left with their French spelling.Rattrap huh, maybe chopper face have changer his activation code again.
- Series Continuity Error: In the first chapter, Megatron states that "Rhinox is death". However, Rhinox is alive and well in the last chapter, nobody commenting on it.
- The Starscream: Terrorsaur betrays Megatron two lines after saying that he'd ally with him. That must be some kind of record.
- Word Salad Title: Which seems to be a garbled reference to one of Megatron's lines in "Code of Hero" ("Face it, Dinobot, you're old technology! Obsolete! What could you possibly do?").