Natasha Henstridge (born August 15, 1974) is a Canadian model and actress who first became famous for her role as frequently naked human-alien hybrid Sil in the very successful film Species. She's since gone on to appear in two other movies from the Species series, The Whole Nine Yards, The Whole Ten Yards, Steal, Ghosts of Mars unfortunately and the TV series She Spies and Eli Stone.
She provided the voice of the substitute teacher in the South Park episode "Tom's Rhinoplasty", being credited as "the chick from Species".
She appeared in The Outer Limits (1995) episode "Bits of Love" as Emma.
Tropes associated with her include:
- Billing Displacement: She's billed third in the Hallmark version of Jason and the Argonauts, doesn't appear until about forty minutes in and only has twenty minutes of screentime in the full three hours.
- Dawson Casting: Inverted for Species where she was playing Sil's adult form - and she was only nineteen herself. She was only four years older than Michelle Williams, who was playing Sil as a preteen.
- Ms. Fanservice: She has no qualms about showing off her beautiful body in her various roles.
- Star-Derailing Role: Ghosts of Mars did a lot of damage to her film career, but she found more success on television.
- Statuesque Stunner: As a former model, she's tall (5' 9½"\177 cm), which even helps her oft exploited sex appeal.
- Typecasting: Her role as Sil typecast her as a Femme Fatale and she took care to avoid roles that were too similar.
- What Could Have Been: