Jennifer Jones (born Phylis Lee Isley; March 2, 1919 December 17, 2009) was an American actress during The Golden Age of Hollywood.
Jones won the Academy Award for Best Actress for her performance in The Song of Bernadette (1943), and was also Academy Award-nominated for her performances in four other films. She was married three times, most notably to film producer David O. Selznick.
Jones starred in more than 20 films over a 30-year career, going into semi-retirement following Selznick's death in 1965. In later life, Jones withdrew from public life to live in quiet retirement with her son and his family in Malibu, California.
Jennifer Jones films on TV Tropes:
- The Song of Bernadette (1943)
- Since You Went Away (1944)
- The Fighting Generation (1944)
- Love Letters (1945)
- Cluny Brown (1946)
- Duel in the Sun (1946)
- Portrait of Jennie (1948)
- Madame Bovary (1949)
- Beat the Devil (1953)
- Indiscretion of an American Wife (1953)
- Love Is a Many-Splendored Thing (1955)
- The Barretts of Wimpole Street (1957 remake of the 1934 film)
- A Farewell to Arms (1957)
- Tender Is the Night (1962)
- Angel, Angel, Down We Go (1969)
- The Towering Inferno (1974)