Louis Jourdan (born Louis Robert Gendre; 19 June 1921 14 February 2015) was a French film and television actor.
He made his film debut in 1939 with Charles Boyer in a film the production of which was interrupted by World War II and never resumed. His first American film was Alfred Hitchcock's The Paradine Case in 1947.
For the rest of his career, Jourdan worked as often in Hollywood as in Europe. In most of his English-language roles, he was typecast as a suave, romantic European. Later on his career, Jourdan also demonstrated a flair for equally suave villains, playing Kamal Khan in the James Bond film Octopussy and Dr. Anton Arcane in Swamp Thing and The Return of Swamp Thing.
He died in 2015 at age 93.
Not to be confused with '40s American singer and bandleader Louis Jordan.
Films with pages on TV Tropes:
- The Paradine Case (1947)
- Letter from an Unknown Woman (1948)
- Madame Bovary (1949)
- Anne of the Indies (1951)
- Three Coins in the Fountain (1954)
- The Swan (1956)
- Love in the Afternoon (1957) (uncredited)
- Gigi (1958)
- Can-Can (1960)
- The Count of Monte Cristo (1961 and 1975 adaptations)
- The V.I.P.s (1963)
- Count Dracula (1977)
- Columbo, episode "Murder Under Glass" (1978)
- Swamp Thing (1982)
- The Return of Swamp Thing (1989)
- Octopussy (1983)